Materials Planning Analyst III
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
Show that gap who’s boss!
Women are 16% less likely than men to apply to a job once they’ve viewed it, but are 16% more likely to get hired after applying to a job.*
*LinkedIn Talent Solutions Gender Insights Report 2019
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
What You'll Be Doing....
- Scheduling production orders and establishing production schedules to meet customer demand
- Responsible for confirming component and capacity availability
- Work in conjunction with Value Stream Leaders to set work center and department priorities
- Align with other Material Planners for cross training
- Perform demand/supply analysis for their assigned product line
- Follows practices and task that ensure metric achievement
- Plans deliveries of products or materials according to stocking levels and customer demands using the SAP system
- Execution of Master production schedule and Operations communication
- Analyzes Pull System and MRP reports, using data to make decisions and to take actions to satisfy internal and external customer requirements
- Analyze material supply requirements and plant capacity data to determine the capability of production to achieve desired objectives
- Coordinates availability of all necessary materials for release of work orders to production. Reschedules any required parts to effectively produce items per customer requirements and business goals
- Execute plans by coordinating supply chain elements resulting in on-time delivery of finished products and materials while satisfying inventory turns and target levels
- Prepare reports to communicate supplier performance, inventory control, cost reduction, issues and corrective action status
- Participates as a team member representing materials planning in product development projects
- Works with accounting and receiving to expeditiously resolve any issues
What your background should look like:
- Knowledge and experience required to develop and execute plans for the supply of finished products and materials using electronic database information
- Possesses complete knowledge of production planning using Material Requirements Planning systems and tools
- Possesses knowledge of MRP systems and transaction procedures
- Proven ability to make decisive planning judgements to satisfy supply objectives, using creative problem solving techniques
- Thorough knowledge of MRP (SAP) planning and purchasing systems and procedures
- The ability to analyze business conditions, MRP data and customer requirements to determine present and future needs for finished products and materials
- The ability to negotiate and influence the actions of others to achieve business goals.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Experienced with MRP system (SAP experience highly preferred)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
- High school diploma required
- College degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience as Planner and/or Material Control required
This position is location at our Greensboro, NC site.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
You’ve got this!