Location: Medway, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
- Amelia Earhart
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Applies advances job skills in area of specialization to set up and operate CNC machining equipment
- Read, interpret and follow blueprint reading and GD&T interpretation
- Ability to read and understand G and M code programming
- Operate CMM’s and digital inspection equipment
- Regularly adapts and procedures, techniques, tools materials and/or equipment to meet print specifications
- Work with team to trouble shoot operations and/or flow issues
- Perform quality work checks to ensure the product meets quality standards, and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Meet documented and communicated standards for quality and productivity
- Keep records of production quantities and time
- Work safety with small hand tools and measuring equipment
- Maintain safe and clean work area by complying with procedures, rules and regulations
- Work under minimal supervision and acts independently
- Provides guidance and training to others
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
- Use independent judgement and basic problem-solving skills to accomplish task
- Follow both written and verbal instructions, with a high attention to detail
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet company demands
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work in a confined space
- Associates degree from a trad school and/or job-related vocational training 3-6+ years, relevant work experience
- Ability to lift 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
You’ve got this!