SUPV OPERATIONS 2ND SHIFT M-TH
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
What your background should look like:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to supervise approximately 30+ employees that assemble sensor products. You will define, guide, and train your team to reach goals, improve technologies/processes, and determine best course of action to meet KPIs and resolve issues. You will also have the opportunity to build onto your team! This will include interviewing/hiring employees that you believe can add to the TE Connectivity workforce by utilizing company resources (employees, facility, equipment, materials, training)
- Review, plan, and coordinate the assignment of production employees to meet on-time delivery of high quality products to our customers.
- Work closely with management and other production support teams, communicate status of operations via tiered processes, request assistance, and escalate issues when necessary.
- Motivate and develop team to reach and/or exceed set objectives and company values. Define clear employee performance expectations and conduct regular one-on-one meetings and reviews of employee performance. Set developmental goals with employees and reward/discipline as necessary. Efficiently address complaints and resolve problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment. Previous experience in a supervisory position.
- Previous experience with quality systems, manufacturing processes and lean manufacturing.
- Proven ability to troubleshoot issues and drive solutions/corrective action.
- Strong aptitude in Microsoft Office—Outlook, Excel, and Word. Ability to quickly learn internal software tools.
- Experience using Six Sigma tools and lean manufacturing techniques.
- Experience in lead time reduction and cost savings activities.
- Experience with SAP software in manufacturing applications.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets