NA Supplier Quality Engineer (Remote)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE is now one of the largest sensor companies in the world, with innovative sensor solutions that help customers transform concepts into smart, connected creations. TE’s unmatched portfolio of intelligent, efficient and high-performing sensor solutions are used for customers across several industries, from automotive, industrial and commercial transportation and aerospace and defense, to medical solutions and consumer applications.
Under limited supervision, monitors, evaluates, selects and applies standard quality engineering principles and techniques to assigned business problems. Ensures results meet established needs and goals of TE Connectivity’s North America Sensor Division division.
- Act as organization and suppliers' single-point-of-contact for topics and issues related to supplier quality.
- Lead supplier-related APQP activities to ensure incoming quality is proactively planned, prepared and ensured in advance before PPAP and production release.
- Continually improve supplier performance through coaching, teaching, training, consequence enforcement, supplier awards and motivation, supplier restriction and disqualification, etc.
- Measure and communicate supplier performance to those suppliers and the organization.
- Evaluate, qualify, approve appropriate new, competitive suppliers (including search for new suppliers), in collaboration with the commodity teams.
- Review and approve/reject/amend supplier Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) submissions for new product releases and qualifying changes to existing components.
- Monitor quality data within the operating systems to ensure data accuracy and develop reporting systems to accurately document and record supplier trends and performance.
- Periodically monitor quality specifications to ensure supplier compliance.
- Work with engineering to clarify and change specs in regard to incoming goods when necessary.
- Clearly communicate (and enforce) TE's requirements and expectations to suppliers.
- Solicit, drive, monitor, review, approve and validate containment/corrective/preventive actions by suppliers.
- Facilitate supplier quality roadmaps leading to improved supplier performance.
- Conduct process and system audits of suppliers and maintain working knowledge of ISO and TS quality system requirements.
- Chair QBRs (Quarterly Business Review) with key suppliers.
- Coordinate TE Supplier Days with key suppliers.
What your background should look like:
- Education: At a minimum- Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Chemical Engineering or other engineering discipline plus 5+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001
- 5+ years in supplier development role
- 5+ years conducting quality audits
- 5+ years in manufacturing environment
- Practical application of 8D, 5-why and Ishikawa
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 60% of the time
- Excellent people skills