Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
What your background should look like:
Assembly operator I
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
SUMMARY OF POSITION
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Perform high variety of electronic and/or mechanical assembly tasks.
- Tasks generally vary in scope.
- Tasks may be complex and often require analysis and interpretation of data
- Work function usually requires set up and operation of production or test equipment in various configurations based upon product and performance requirements.
- Adjustment to equipment and/or processes is often required based upon product/process performance.
- Daily tasks performed with supervisory guidance.
- Work with controlled procedures, specifications, drawings or written instructions.
- Detect and report unusual conditions of equipment, product, documentation or data to Team Leader or Process Engineer.
- Maintain equipment and workplace in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations.
- Must meet all workmanship, quality and output standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Soldering from medium components to microscopic components.
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- 1-3 years related experience or high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to read English and follow written directions.
- Must have soldering experience.
- Use standard assortment of hand tools, fixtures, assembly and test equipment.
- Work well with a team.