ASSEMBLY OPERATOR IV
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Be brave, not perfect.
- Reshma Saujani
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Assembly Teams operate assigned automated assembly machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
- Perform high variety of electronic and/or mechanical assembly tasks.
- Tasks generally vary in scope.
- Tasks may be complex and often require analysis and interpretation of data
- Work function usually requires set up and operation of production or test equipment in various configurations based upon product and performance requirements.
- Adjustment to equipment and/or processes is often required based upon product/process performance.
- Daily tasks performed with supervisory guidance.
- Work with controlled procedures, specifications, drawings or written instructions.
- Detect and report unusual conditions of equipment, product, documentation or data to Team Leader or Process Engineer.
- Fill in for Team Leader in his/her absence
- Maintain equipment and workplace in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow all prescribed safety regulations.
- Must meet all workmanship, quality and output standards.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Soldering from medium components to microscopic components.
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- 5-7 years related experience and/or high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience leading Teams to meet Business KPI’s
- Must be able to read English and follow written directions.
- Must have soldering experience.
- Use standard assortment of hand tools, fixtures, assembly and test equipment.
- Work well with a team.
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
You’ve got this!