Manufacturing & Process Developer Engineer
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
TE Global Operations Plating is currently seeking a highly motivated engineer in Manufacturing Engineering (Mechanical) to provide the engineering design, innovation, development, and implementation of new and improved manufacturing tools and processes including the next generation of manufacturing and digital factory technologies. This growth opportunity will provide highly valued global, multiple business unit experience as well as developing advanced skills in hands-on engineering, technical innovation, digital manufacturing engineering, manufacturing deployments, design for manufacturing and lean manufacturing. As part of the Global Operations Plating team, the candidate will work on high impact, high profile projects along with business unit and technology teams to deliver enhanced and transformative manufacturing capabilities for TE Connectivity’s global manufacturing operations to drive optimized productivity of existing processes and implement the next generation of manufacturing and digital technologies.
The Global Operations Plating team provides up to full turnkey capital equipment deployment project management and engineering for new plating deployments as well as on-site plating optimization support to the three TE market focused business organizations. The team also develops and provides innovative and transformative manufacturing process capabilities for plating. This position will be aligned into the Global Operations team with responsibilities in Manufacturing engineering supporting primarily plating but expected to leverage into other manufacturing processes as needed. The interest and capability for safe hands-on engineering in a manufacturing and pilot shop environment is expected.
What your background should look like:
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Provide manufacturing tooling and equipment conceptualization, design and testing, and deployment of key TE manufacturing innovation, optimization, capital and operations projects within business unit and corporate functions.
- Skilled in engineering design and digital factory concepts and applications, as well as, ‘hands-on’ to understand, set up and run experimental trials with various manufacturing process and digital systems equipment including in a chemical environment.
- Ability to learn and execute quickly in a multiple of design tasks as well as working effectively in a team environment during implementation of novel technologies at the manufacturing facility.
- Organize, evaluate, analyze and communicate designs and data in a concise complete manner.
- Significant focus will be engineering across multiple manufacturing processes so, the individual needs to be a quick learner and possess the ability to successfully apply innovative concepts.
- Will be assigned to various projects across TE manufacturing operations, design and development teams; and, will have access to training opportunities to deepen and learn critical engineering skills necessary for specific manufacturing technical knowledge.
- Ability to grow professionally into a technical expert and deployment leader for the next essential generation technologies.
- Willingness to travel globally for extended durations when needed and interest in working hands-on in a manufacturing environment are key requirements.
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 10+ years of manufacturing or development experience, prefer experience in plating equipment design and plating manufacturing processes
- Knowledge and experience in CAD/solid modeling and technical drawings
- Knowledge and experience in additive manufacturing preferred
- Good working knowledge and experience with connector manufacturing processes (stamping, molding, plating, and assembly)
- PC proficient including Excel, Word, MS Project, Power Point, and AutoCAD
- Excellent written and oral communication skills demonstrated by the ability to communicate across all levels within and outside of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Position Type: Full-Time/On-site
Location: Winston Salem, NC
Travel: Domestic and global, when needed.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets