MATERIAL HANDLER II - UltraFast - Swing Shift
Location: Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Material Handler Teams perform the physical and/or administrative tasks involved in the shipping, receiving, order fulfillment, storing and distributing of materials, parts, supplies and equipment. They unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices, maintain records of received goods and reject unsatisfactory items. They lift heavy items and may operate a forklift. Material Handlers prepare and maintain records of shipments, post weights and shipping charges and prepare goods for final shipment. They examine, stock and distribute materials in inventory and on manufacturing lines and may prepare kitting packages for assembly production.
The Material Handler oversees all parts and supplies used in production departments and transfers parts to other areas within the facility using a forklift, pallet jack, or cart. In general, Material Handlers are assigned to specific departments; however, they are cross-trained and may work in any department as needed.
- Supply operators with material needed for production
- Empty scrap, weigh scrap, and load onto trucks
- Deliver finished product to Packaging department, scan, stretch wrap, create Interplant Bill of Landing and place on truck
- Supply Department with necessary supplies
- Communicate with Leaders for follow-up or specific instructions daily
- Operate manual pallet jacks and moving carts constantly
What your background should look like:
Education / Experience
- Forklift experience preferred; forklift certification preferred
- HS diploma or GED required
- Ability to pass all pre-employment physical testing
- Ability to work in a team environment with other material handlers on shift as well as assembly / production operators
- Must be able to lift and carry a maximum weight of 69.5 lbs safely & dependably
- Must be able to push a maximum weight of 81 lbs safely & dependably
- Must be able to pull a maximum weight of 88.8 lbs safely & dependably
- Frequently required to extend arms and hands between knees & shoulders; frequent holding and grasping with hands.
- Frequent standing and walking is required in this job.