PLATING OPERATOR II (2nd Shift)
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Plating Teams operate assigned automated plating machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
What your background should look like:
P2 Plating Line Operator: This position is responsible for the continuous operation of automatic vertical, horizontal, or combination type strip plating lines to plate a variety of strip terminals and flat stock with various metals (gold, nickel, tin/lead alloys, copper, etc.) both conventionally or by a variety of selective plated methods to meet the quality standards. The P2 operator will mainly operate the reeler, de-reeler, and Hydra. The P2 Operator is also responsible for the Factory Order and Production paperwork and reporting.
- The P2 operator is responsible for making all hook-ups and splices to the set-up tape and all product ran into the plating line by using wire or welding the product.
- The P2 operator is responsible for maintaining the welder and the tips used on the welder to ensure the proper working condition.
- The P2 operator is responsible for ensuring the use and working function of the input splice detector and clamp.
- The P2 operator is responsible for scanning, into Hydra, all incoming pre-plated product.
- The P2 operThe P2 operator is responsible for catching and putting in the correct splices of the product being ran.
- The P2 operator is responsible for setting up and maintaining the use of the micrometer, splice detector, color detector, reel counter, and reel spreader (when necessary).
- The P2 operator is responsible for knowing the splice specification, reeling specification, paper specification, and sample frequency of each product ran on the plating lines. (Per print on each Factory Order)
- The P2 operator is responsible for correctly entering the new Factory Orders and printing all reel and shipping labels of the product being ran on the plating line.
- The P2 operator is responsible for all information found on the Plating Production sheet. This would include:
- Correctly calculating and filling out of the Plating Production sheet at the end of each order and the end of the shift.
- Input of the stamping label number, for traceability, onto the production sheet.
- Correctly filling out the AMP minutes and Line hours on each production sheet.
- The P2 operator is responsible for the input, into Hydra, of all production and scrap for each Factory Order ran on the plating lines.
- The P2 operator is responsible for performing all shift audits, which includes the 5S and Autonomous Maintenance audits.ator is responsible for changing reels/layers at each hook-up of the product being ran.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets