TEST TECHNICIAN II
Location: Fairview, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Technical Engineering Support Teams analyze, test and assist in research for the development of products and processes. Team members may specialize in quality control or assurance, chemical manufacturing processes, metals, electrical connectors and components, process development, materials, and/or instrumentation. They may also handle calibration, displays, network control, mold development and audiovisual work or environmental health and safety.
This position is responsible for the technical support of Production operations under the direction of Engineering & Manufacturing. This is a hands-on position of electrical testing through advanced process development. The ideal candidate would perform technical duties related to in-process, trouble shooting and final test of product.
- Electrical testing to ensure TE products meet customer performance and reliability needs.
- Generate test reports needed for internal or customer presentation.
- Provides responsive support to the production line to ensure the safe manufacture of quality products to meet on time delivery schedule.
- Work with Manufucturing Engineering support to resolve production issues.
- Provides frequent and appropriate communications with all internal customers and supports the team goals.
- Works with Manufacturing, Quality and Engineering to identify root cause and to implement corrective and preventive measures to improve or ensure product quality.
- Ensures all documentation and manufacturing processes meet all TE requirements & documented in a clear and understandable way.
- Visual inspection of product and solder joints (IPC-610).
What your background should look like:
- High School Degree, required.
- Associates Degree in Technical, Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering, preferred.
- Good knowledge of measuring and testing technology.
- Capable of working to drawings, diagrams and schematics.
- Related or Previous experience in product testing.
- Detailed hands-on knowledge of elecrical processes.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills (email, word processing, spreadsheets, Power Point).
- Effective communications skills (verbal & written).
- Technical writing skills for reports, manufacturing processes, standard operating process etc..
- Must be proficient in the English language.
- Strong team and independent working skills.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts.
This job description is subject to change at any time.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets