QLTY & RELIABILITY TECHNICIAN III
Location: Redwood City, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Quality Control and Reliability Teams ensure product and/or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability and determine product release suitability.
We are hiring a Quality Control Technician (Wire & Cable) at our plant in Redwood City, CA, from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Monday through Friday. The position is an hourly position and is eligible for overtime.
The Quality Control Inspector’s typical day may include:
- Geometric Tolerancing Micrometer
- Vernier Caliper Optical Comparator
- Microscope Starrett Gauges Thread Gauges Drawings/Prints Multimeter
- Open Set-Up (surface plate, hand gauge, etc.)
What your background should look like:
- 3-5 years minimum line experience in manufacturing quality control preferably pertaining to electrical components
- Experience in electrical and/or optical testing
- Capable of reading and interpreting specs and assembly drawings
- Solder experience according to JSTD qualifications an asset
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office
- Must be able to read and write in the English language
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets