Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
The Plant Manager is responsible for all aspects of the site operations. This position defines goals and site’s strategy, improves technologies, and resolves problems. In addition, the leader will help develop and model TE’s culture and will ensure productivity, safety, quality, and customer expectation goals are achieved.
The Plant Manager will be responsible for annual budget planning and delivery of revenue, contribution, and costs per established business plan. The incumbent will work to drive improved productivity and profitability within the site’s operation. The Leader must ensure the production and supply of high-quality products and processes which follow applicable procedures and regulations. This role complies to FDA QSR (21 CFR 820), ISO 13485 requirements and adheres to the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Facilitate and/or participate in S&OP meetings. Use S&OP data and analysis to position the plant to meet future sales forecast and address any production gaps
- Cascade strategic objectives from Segment, Business Unit and Operations functional leadership. Set and clarify requirements and expectations for direct and matrixed reports based on the strategic direction and needs of the business
- Ensure compliance with all applicable US and global medical device related regulations
- Lead in creating a culture of quality and collaboration, and will be responsible for the achievement of those goals with respect to quality of products and services provided by the facility
- Encourage and promote operating in a continuous improvement environment by monitoring operation expenses and researching ways to reduce costs while maintaining product quality
- Support local environmental health and safety to provide a safe workplace for our employees and ensure all staff members are aware of safety policies
- Drive the execution of initiatives to guarantee a safe working environment with zero incidents
- Support the development and execution of the site budgets/plans to ensure delivery of quality, revenue, contribution and costs per established business plan.
- Facilitate employee development. Ensure leadership growth of direct reports through coaching and mentoring and individual development plans
- Demonstrate and proactively drive performance management (objective setting, development planning, mid-year & year-end performance reviews, calibration), compensation planning and employee relations for direct and matrixed reports.
- Leverage Organizational Leadership Review (OLR) and strategic succession planning outcomes/requirements to support the business
- Support the development of improved supplier relationships.
- Maintain the facility upkeep, IT infrastructure and security systems
- Drive execution of activities to increase Employee Engagement
What your background should look like:
The position does have supervisor responsibilities and is responsible for performance management and the hiring of the employees within the site.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience required including prior site leadership accountability
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in manufacturing or production environment desired
- Prior experience in support function that collaborates with Operations such as Finance, Materials, Engineering, Supply Chain, HR preferred
- Previous P&L experience.
- 4-Year College Degree preferred with a concentration in Business, Finance, Management/Operations or Technical discipline.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to prepare spreadsheets and to analyze data and trends
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets