EH & S ANALYST III
Location: Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Environmental Health & Safety Teams ensure and monitor safety in the workplace. This includes the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures and practices consistent with TE, environmental and government regulations. This role ensures and monitors safety in the workplace including the application and communication of health, safety and hazardous material standards, procedures and practices consistent with established company, environmental and government regulations. It requires the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels of the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Promote sustainability and environmental protection, and facilitate projects to drive continual improvement
- Chair energy and environmental committees to plan improvements aimed at reducing environmental risks and releases to the environment
- Ensure compliance with environmental regulations such as Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, RCRA, TSCA, SARA, etc. and applicable State of North Carolina rules and regulations.
- Effectively manage the transition from ISO 14001:2004 to ISO 14001:2015
- Perform incident investigations and provide suggestions for corrective actions
- Conduct job hazard analyses and recommend corrective/preventative actions, where EH&S hazards exist
- Interact with all departments to provide EH&S support
- Perform workplace ergonomics evaluations, safety audits/inspections, PPE analyses, etc.
- Perform safety engineering reviews on new and existing equipment/processes
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 2 years experience in EH&S, preferably in a manufacturing facility
- Background in a fast paced environment, working on multiple projects that may involve a number of stakeholders with little supervision.
- Basic knowledge of Federal and State laws, health and wellness, OSHA, EPA, ISO 14001, business continuity planning and lean concepts
- Knowledge of Velocity Management Software preferred
- Strong skills for organization and ability to manage multiple, and changing priorities.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with the ability to develop multiple solutions to an issue and make valid recommendations for resolution
- Able to understand and execute processes including: recognizing customer needs, communicating process changes, measuring and assessing success and identifying areas of improvement
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to form successful working relationships quickly at all levels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Working knowledge of local, state and federal rules and regulations
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets