Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity’s training function is responsible for deploying the skills for training to supervisors, team leads and trainers as well as supporting the delivery and creation of professional development. Through the means of in person and virtual training you will be supporting the transformation of the site as it pursues the TE Operating Advantage, which strives for continuous improvement through developing people.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Collaborate and seek out others throughout the company across departments to carryout training duties
- Provide Train the Trainer curriculum and hands on support to teach production line trainers the skills of training and job instruction: breaking down a job, training someone to competency, managing a training matrix and executing a training plan
- Identify and recommend solutions to the overall training process for continuous improvement
- Identifies and incorporates best practices from Training Within Industry (TWI) & Job Instruction (JI) principles to deploy the training system
- Focus is to support the creation and deployment of skills development for direct labor and indirect labor front line leader training and teaching skills development
- Develop and deliver learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides and lesson plans as it pertains to strategic goals
- Review evaluations of training courses, objectives, and accomplishments
- Make assessments of effectiveness of training in terms of employee accomplishments and performance
What your background should look like:
- 10+ years of experience in training people and trainers in production regulated environments, preferably medical devices or comparable regulatory controls.
- Less experience in training trainers is acceptable with an education in TWI, JI, adult learning or instructional design
- Experience with training methods and processes, having directly performed training operations with hands-on skills and records completion.
- Proficiency with computer systems, including the MS Office applications in addition to enterprise systems such as SAP.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity and recognition of diffent processes and operations and the ability to discern complex, high-risk operations for simple steps.
- Experience working in an organization practicing lean manufacturing
- Excellent verbal and written skills with technical terms in a manufacturing environment
- Previous work experience in a cross-functional, team environment collaborating with different roles in a manufacturing and engineering environment.