Location: Carlsbad, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Machinist Team's responsibilities include, assignment planning, layout, set up, operating and making tool adjustments for various types of manual, numerically controlled and computerized machine shop equipment. They work from blueprints, process sheets and sketches to perform production tasks, which may include the cutting and shaping of metal to precision dimensions, communicating directly with engineers to understand the purpose of a part assembly. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, orthographic drawings, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters, as well as, interpreting geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Plan stock inventory by checking stock to determine amount available; anticipating needed stock; placing and expediting orders for stock; verifying receipt of stock.
- Program mills and lathes by entering instructions, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation, and conditional switches; calculating requirements, including basic math, geometry, and trigonometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three- and four-jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, bushings, cams, gears, stops, and stock pushers; indicating vices; tramming heads.
- Evaluate NPD tooling/fixture requests, and provide input on design and feasibility.
- Uses precision measuring tools to check work against specified tolerances.
- Ability to produce complicated 3D surfaces.
- measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to international standards.
- Maintain specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including turning, facing, knurling and thread chasing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Support training activities and continuous improvement of existing processes.
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Document actions by completing production and timekeeping system.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading technical publications.
- Can-do attitude, resourceful, action oriented, and drive for results.
- Ability to meet multiple fast-paced and concurrent deadlines.
- Accomplish organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
- Support team with additional tasks as needed
What your background should look like:
- Associates degree or high school equivalence with 8+ years’ experience preferred
- Must have experience programming and operating CNC operated milling equipment, CNC Lathe, Injection mold making experience
- EDM, surface grinding, and toolmaking preferred.
- ISO13485 QMS knowledge preferred.
- Must manage and maintain safety in all duties.
- Must have a working knowledge of 3D solid modeling and 3D Computer Aided Machining.
- Knowledge of Solidworks and Mastercam preferred.
- Must work well with engineering staff.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing to keep a clean and organized shop environment.
- Must have a good attitude and willingness to do more than asked.
- Skill in blueprint reading and quality inspection techniques required.
Works Closely With:
Product Development Engineers, Production Coordinator, Department Manager, Engineering Technicians, and Quality Specialist
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $63k-95k (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets