SR QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER
Location: Mansfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
We are currently seeking a highly motivated SR QLTY & RELIABILITY ENGINEER to join the Advanced Quality Engineering (AQE) team located remotely, with travel to support plants in Hauppauge NY, Fairview NC & Mansfield OH. This is an opportunity to join a new team of highly motivated and experienced quality professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business and emphasize TE’s core values of integrity, innovation, accountability, and teamwork.
In this challenging and rewarding position the (AQE) function supports New Product / Process development and successful launch into operations, through the implementation of APQP to meet customer ramp-up schedules and by ensuring customer product requirements are met. You will be responsible for reviewing, completing, analyzing, and reporting on deliverables aligned to APQP.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned Quality Engineer with experience in Aerospace components manufacturing.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Support quality function and deliverables across multiple project teams located in multiple regions
- Interface with customers, internal manufacturing sites and suppliers as required to address and resolve issues as they arise. travel will be required between Hauppauge, Fairview and Mansfield manufacturing sites, suppliers, and customers
- Coordination with other core project functions by providing input for project analysis, feasibility studies, design reviews, as well providing quality APQP deliverables according to Lean PD process
- Facilitate and lead Project Design Reviews to ensure LEANPD Development Execution.
- Complete project audit of all key deliverables at each gate process and final G6 sign off
- Lead and direct Product and Manufacturing Engineers and Technicians in the resolution of issues
- Working with suppliers to provide digital documentation in the form of a digital PPAP
- Develop and apply workmanship standards in the inspection of components and assemblies to assess acceptability
- Read engineering drawings interpreting geometric tolerancing and develop the corresponding quality inspection plans (QIP) for components and assemblies
- Ensure all critical characteristics are identified on drawings and flow through all quality control documentation
- Assess project specific gaging requirements and work with relevant suppliers to have gages designed, built, and calibrated
- Read and interpret quality specifications and requirements
- Manipulate statistical data using programs such as Minitab or JMP
- Prepare reports and present to engineering team
- Execution of failure analysis (Ishikawa, 5 Why, 8D)
- Analysis of quality and process data (ppm, scrap, Pareto, CPK, COPQ etc.)
- Capability to facilitate and lead Cross Functional Teams in design and process FMEA’s
- Continual updating of FMEA’s and preparation of CP and QIP’s in case of quality issues, tool and processes transfers and New Process Introduction.
- Evaluation of quality related deviations during the APQP process, including escalation, definition, implementation, and execution of corrective actions.
- Moderation of FMEA development to achieve implementation of both customer and TE requirements and standards through the evaluation of product and process related risks
- Support development and implementation both general and quality related standards, procedures inside the TE organisation and training of these requirements.
- Support roll-out and execution of standard tools: APIS, Q-DAS, QIP, FAI PPAP & Lessons Learned Data
- Support the continuous improvement within the AD&M AQE department including standardisation, system introduction, digitization, and organisation training.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Manufacturing
- At least 5 years’ experience in Quality, Industrial, Manufacturing, Design Engineering or New Product Development Engineering
- Strong working knowledge of FMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Process Flow, Control Plan, MSA, Gage R&R, GD&T, FAI & PPAP
- Expert in problem solving tools such as 8D, PPSR, 5 why, Kepner Trego, Pareto Principles and data analysis, Six Sigma Black Belt or Equivalent is a plus
- LDFSS Green Belt Certification