Manager Product Engineering
Location: Mount Joy, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity’s Engineering Managers provide leadership for cross functional engineering teams. They work with senior management to define technical road maps aligned with market directions and communicate across other Business Units to share applicable technology. Our Engineering Managers leverage TE global technology to increase competitive position and increased value to our customers. They identify relevant technology trends and opportunities, develop relationships and partnerships with key customers, industry leaders and core suppliers, define and manage IP strategy, assess talent and implement development plans to assure succession planning and organization capability.
The Aerospace, Defense, and Marine (ADM) business provides rugged interconnect solutions specifically designed for commercial aerospace, military aerospace, space exploration, defense systems, and military ground vehicles. ADM is the trusted partner delivering mission-critical solutions that power and connect the future of land, air, sea, and space. ADM is seeking an engineering manager to lead a sustaining product engineering team for our Connector team located in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania region.
- Act as technical leader for connector and contact system engineering for the ADM Industry including ensuring solutions are mechanically and electrically robust, best practices are followed, and design reuse is leveraged.
- Maintain a deep understanding of ADM applications and market trends including the assessment of competitive products and emerging technologies
- Actively collaborate with Product Managers to support product strategies and product development roadmaps aligned with our team.
- Identify engineering capabilities and investments needed to meet ADM objectives.
- Drive a culture of engineering excellence and manage competency, technical skill mix, and continuous development of staff.
- Ensure tight integration and cooperation of engineering with other internal functional teams such as Manufacturing Engineering, Operations, Quality, Product Management, Project Management, Sales, and Finance
- Coordinate the deployment of engineering resources to best address dynamic priorities
- Implement new engineering initiatives and ensure systems compliance.
- Actively manage product attribute data in TE systems to ensure data integrity, and product compliance data with international standards such as RoHS, REACH, SVHC, TSCA, and Prop 65.
- Ensure full project process compliance for tasks such as test planning, DFMEA, and maintain product qualification compliance to DLA, NAVAIR, SAE, ASD-Cert, and other government agencies.
- Travel as required to production facilities and customers (10 - 25%) including international sites.
- Manage product extensions, work with team to translate customer requirements into engineering specifications and provide new product design solutions on time and on cost.
- Drive team execution to implement innovative VA/VE cost saving continuous improvement projects
- Coordinate engineering analysis and provide technical recommendations on supplier related change requests.
- Responsible to ensure customer product change notifications are properly executed from conception to distribution release.
TE works with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware and other items (collectively “items”) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export controls laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidates.
What your background should look like:
- BS in Engineering and 5+ years engineering management experience
- Experience in leading product engineering teams.
- Knowledge of Aerospace and Defense related connectors products and contact systems.
- Experience with contact and connector requirements & mil-spec testing.
- Understanding of connector manufacturing processes including stamping, plating, machining, molding, and assembly.
- Knowledge of ADM industry standard qualification and quality processes
- Experience with military specifications and applications
- Experience with design for rugged environments including sealing, vibration resistance, signal integrity, and EMI/RFI/EMC performance.
- Experienced skills with CAD software in CREO, SolidWorks, or equivalent and WPA PDM.
- Energetic and persuasive
- Proven leadership skills & capability to build highly motivated teams
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and communication skills
- Proven ability to organize, interact, and collaborate effectively with internal and external technical, sales, and business leaders at all levels
- Flexibility and the ability to deal with multiple projects and priorities
- The ability to support on-site customer visits and represent TE well to our customers
- Fast learner, self-starter and enthusiastic
- Ability to understand and analyze business and financial data as it pertains to engineering
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, international, and matrixed organization
- Fluent in English.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets