Global Trade Services - Aerospace, Defense & Marine Business Unit Director
Location: East Pennsboro Township
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Trade Compliance Teams interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping and prepare applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
We are building a world class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization and the Aerospace, Defense & Marine Senior Manager (GTS business unit leader) will play a critical role in supporting trade operations and compliance within the Business Unit (BU).
The BU Lead serves as the trade lead and advisor within TE’s Operational Compliance team for the BU, and is the primary point of contact to the BU leadership team. The purpose is to ensure TE’s compliance, at the BU level, with import and export regulations globally to enhance global trade compliance, reduce risk, increase responsiveness to issues and opportunities, and facilitate effective operational aspects of international trade.
This role reports into TE Connectivity’s Global Trade Services Segment Lead, and is a key member of the Global Trade Services (GTS) team. As part of the GTS team, the Aerospace, Defense & Marine Lead will join a group of professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together, and championing change.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Lead Trade Compliance Activities in the Business Unit (BU) of Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M)
- Lead trade operations and provide compliance oversight for the assigned BU to ensure TE’s compliance with import/export laws and regulations
- Establish and maintain trade operations and compliance activities in accordance with TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with key stakeholders throughout the BU
- Act as the point of contact for BU leadership on trade-related matters
- Engage BU stakeholders and counsel to understand business changes and develop trade-related solutions/strategies and controls to ensure compliance
- Maintain BU-level Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and reporting to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the operations
- In partnership with GTS Governance, establish and maintain relationships with trade-related government entities
Partner with Trade Compliance Professionals and Stakeholders across the Enterprise
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact to the BU, and determine the necessary actions and communications to the appropriate stakeholders
- Work with GTS Governance teams to conduct trade compliance audits and oversee corrective action plans
- Partner with GTS Governance to develop and administer effective trade compliance training as required throughout the region and organization
- Ensure appropriate utilization of the GTS Operations Service Center for product classification (import and export), restricted party screening, and duty savings compliance, and otherwise ensure proper country of origin determination, valuation, and admissibility
- Work with the Operational Service Centers to identify, evaluate and administer opportunities to facilitate trade in a cost-effective and compliant manner (e.g. make use of applicable Free Trade Agreements, Duty Drawback, First Sale for Export, Foreign Trade Zones, etc.)
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal functions, including corporate functions, to encourage awareness of global trade compliance issues, pro-actively identify trade risk and threats, and develop appropriate trade compliance controls
Talent Development & Leadership
- Create a culture of engagement and performance in alignment with TE’s core values
- Provide timely, thoughtful feedback to support your team’s growth and development
- Lead and coach with empathy
WHAT YOUR BACKGROUND SHOULD LOOK LIKE
Success in the role requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strategic analysis and planning capabilities involving complex situations, highly developed oral and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusion.
In addition, successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (international business, supply chain, law, or related field)
- 10+ years’ experience in global trade compliance
- 3+ years’ experience in functional leadership or senior management in a multinational environment
- 3+ years’ experience in supporting trade functions within an industrial, communications, transportation, or similar business
- Broad functional knowledge of import and export regulations and familiarity with customs practices in countries across the region
- Proven ability to work with variety of business groups, including supply chain, legal, procurement and finance
- Ability to foster teamwork and internal and external relationships
- Excellent organizational habits, priority management, multi-tasking, and delegation skills
- Customer focused with a commitment to quality
- Preferred: Customs Broker License other Customs / Trade certification
- Travel may be necessary in fulfillment of responsibilities
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. lawful permanent resident, person granted asylee status in the U.S., or person admitted into the U.S. as a refugee.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets