PRODUCT ENGINEER II
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
What your background should look like:
- Create & modify drawings/models
- Create Engineering BOMs and release them using PLM system
- Define and keep product performance documents
- Write and maintain product specifications
- Ensure product manufacturability
- Define test procedures based on requirements and/or customers or international/external specifications, assess results and provide conclusions
- Define dimensions, tolerances & special characteristics based on customer requirements, intended application, best practices and experience
- Interact in different levels (guiding, supporting, preparing presentations and information, following meetings, etc.) with manufacturing, quality, procurement as well as with customers and suppliers.
- Assist in Packaging related documentation, testing & support
- Responsible for fit, form and function of assigned products
- Keep product engineering documentation up to date
- Assess deviations and provide dispositions (production, quality, suppliers, etc.)
- Support Quality with 8D reports (3D to 5D being primary engineering )
- Define failure modes, root causes and corrective actions
- Ensure that product performance is preserved throughout product life cycle
- Work with core team leaders (Project Managers) to provide timely & accurate information for the assigned project tasks
- Ensure assigned project deliverables for gates are completed as per project plan
- Follow the LEANDP guidelines for product extension developments and improvements
- Support quality department with PPAP documentation
- Review and provide engineering decision on supplier's PPAP/Change request to Supplier Quality team
- Responsible for assigned VA/VE projects execution & ability to promote new VA/VE opportunities;
- Responsible for customer notifications (PCN - from the decision to release).
- Coordination and execution of engineering samples, testing & validation
- Any other as assigned by department manager
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical/electrical engineering
- 2-3 years of experience with high volume mfg. environment (Plastic components mfg. experience is a plus)
- Working knowledge of CAD software (Creo/Solidworks or similar)
- Ability to interpret drawing and Geometric tolerances.
- Ability to lead meetings with multiple locations spread globally
- Proactive and able to communicate at every level within organization
- A wide degree of creativity and ability to work independently
- Hands on approach for solving issues on production floor
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously, multi-tasking and establish priorities based on workload requirements and internal/external customer expectations.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills, attention to detail
- Self-starter and enthusiastic attitude
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets