SUPV III PURCHASING
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Purchasing Teams are responsible for obtaining materials, components, equipment and services, gather quotations, examine bids, and award contracts. They perform cost analysis and volume planning for commodities, evaluate vendor reliability and develop new supply sources where required. They coordinate purchasing activities with the manufacturing and engineering departments to maintain inventory at planned levels and monitor cost, schedule, and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. They also look for and recommend cost saving proposals including make vs. buy analysis, alternative sourcing, and vendor evaluation criteria as well as develop specifications for new contract orders.
- Responsible for the purchasing of materials, components, parts, supplies, equipment.
- Services following established policies and procedures to meet TE’s requirements.
- Identifies, evaluates, approves, and qualifies vendors whose reliability and goods meet the standards and specifications set by TE.
- Obtains quotations, examines bids and makes awards.
- Negotiates contract terms for purchases within established limits of authority, ensuring that supply, quality, and cost expectations are met and adhere to TE’s quality and delivery standards.
- Analyze and evaluate external price trends and commodity costs.
- New product offerings and TE’s overall purchasing trends, to reduce costs by securing discounts for bulk purchases (volume planning)
- Recommends cost-saving proposals including make vs. buy and alternative sourcing.
- Works with multiple internal departments to ensure appropriate inventory levels are maintained.
- Helps resolve discrepancies related to invoicing, shipments, etc.
- Develops specifications for new contract orders and assists new vendor setup in procurement.
- Ensures that systems are appropriately maintained and updated.
- Tracking shipments or verify quantities received against purchase orders/invoices and track back-orders.
- Maintain resources for assigned commodity items, including expediting orders and contacting vendors to schedule delivery dates, requiring initiative regarding pricing revisions, order cancellations, discontinued items, acceptable substitutes, delivery date revisions and invoice discrepancies.
- Ensures thorough and complete purchase and inventory records to provide accurate accounting of all purchased goods and services and processes.
What your background should look like:
- Experience- 5+ years in the business.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience with Epicore, SAP, or an equivalent ERP system.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team.
- Self-motivated with attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets