STRATEGIC SOURCING ANALYST II
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Strategic Sourcing Teams develop and implement multi-year strategies for assigned commodities, suppliers and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price and service. They align strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and functional owners. They execute the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborate across Business Units and cross-regions for optimal TE leverage. Our teams demonstrate a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project and product lifecycle management) and ensure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
- Develops and executes multi-year sourcing strategy for assigned commodities by gathering business requirements.
- Identifies/prequalifies potential suppliers by evaluating product offerings.
- Develops and distributes RFPs/RFQs and collects bids or other information and evaluates proposals/quotes.
- Executes the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement.
- Collaborates across TE Business Unit and/or regions for optimal leverage, aligning strategy and execution with multiple internal departments.
- Negotiates contracts with suppliers.
- Ensures that all procurement activities comply with internal policies and external regulations, and tracks supplier performance.
- Responsible for the supervision of company sourcing process to ensure the implementation of sourcing plans and policies.
- Overseas Purchasing Operations.
- Leverages bulk purchasing power to negotiate price discounts.
What your background should look like:
- Experience- 5+ years in the business.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional and cross-regional relationships.
- Strong computer skills: proficient in Microsoft, sourcing and procurement tools a plus.
- Experience with Epicore, SAP, or an equivalent ERP system.
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management & planning skills.
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines, and reporting.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets