Director Global Supply Chain (REMOTE)
Location: Berwyn, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading global provider of highly engineered connectors and sensors with sales of over $15 billion to customers in more than 150 countries. We design, manufacture and market products for customers in a broad array of industries including automotive; consumer electronics; telecommunications; aerospace; defense & military; medical & healthcare; oil & gas/marine; and energy & utilities. With over 72,000 associates including 7,000 engineers and worldwide manufacturing, sales and customer service capabilities, TE Connectivity’s commitment is their customers’ advantage. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” See www.te.com
Facilitate the global supply chain strategy and transformation with transportation solutions segment. To enhance growth and productivity within supply chain through improvements in processes, efficiencies, inventory management, logistics DCs and flows as well as identification and talent development. Develop a vision for the supply chain design which includes a tailoring customer experience to differentiate ourselves from our competitions. It requires the ability to grasp market and supply chain trends, establish a compelling vision of where to take supply chain forward in an effective manner. This role must be a “change agent” while collaborating and influencing a diverse and effective global team.
Director of Supply Chain, Transportation Segment is responsible for driving transformation and SC initiatives globally, that are related to TS supply chain planning and logistics processes: Sales Inventory Operations Planning (SIOP), materials planning, factory scheduling, digitization roadmap, and logistics DCs and flows design, planning strategies i.e. Safety Stock, segmentation around the customer experience, and inventory control.
- Develop success profile, define, and refine specifics competencies needed to achieve success across the segment
- Evaluate and help build and attract talent/capability heat maps for TS global supply chain organization using the success profile as a baseline
- Scope and develop a segment training plan to enable success and if necessary, lead training activities
- Identify and communicate TE and industry best practices
- Partner with other continuous improvement communities to understand key linkages and assure alignment (Operations, SIOP, Demand Management (from Product Management & Sales), Finance, Customer Care and Procurement)
- Develop the continuous improvement path for supply chain building on best practice benchmarking (Standard work, Star Level requirements for tools and metrics, what is competition and external leaders doing)
- Implement continuous improvement for supply chain with TS, directly supporting with continuous improvement tool assessments and validations, being a change agent to help drive transformation
- Drive a systematic strategy for inventory management to ensure we are continually improving our working capital
- Report out on TS Supply Chain progress i.e., key projects and performance to executive management and obtain sponsorship from the TS BU and Operations leadership teams
- Facilitate TS Supply Chain Leadership community to create a sustainable engagement that drives enterprise improvement in delivery, freight productivity and inventory. Also, instituting supply chain talent visibility, develop and succession planning
- Review and support IT systems initiatives that addresses enterprise solutions, and coordinate enterprise-wide training initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree: engineering discipline or equivalent degree
- Advanced degree (MBA) preferred or Supply Chain Functions
- 12-15 years of demonstrated results in a complex global business environment
- At least 10 years’ experience in supply chain/operations, with proven track record of success in plant operations management, preferably in automotive or industrial settings; time spent working and living abroad preferred
- Proven leader who can get results in a competitive, complex, and dynamic global business environment
- Experience with new product launches with be preferred
- Experience and proficiency in effective communication of goals and strategies across multiple leadership levels of an organization
- Ability to work in fast-paced, results focused environment
- Strong manufacturing cost and analytic capability and hands-on experience in leading lean supply chain initiatives
- Proven experience in leading large cross functional site transformations
- Outstanding Continuous Improvement background (Lean, Six Sigma, Operational Excellence…)
- A critical and strategic thinker with an intimate knowledge of “State of the Art” supply chain techniques to drive efficiency methodologies, principles, practices, and techniques, combined with expertise in deployment and the ability to champion those principlez
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $143,300 – $214,900.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets