USER RECRUITER I
Location: Carlsbad, California
Job Type: Full time
The User Research Recruiter I will support the User Research team in all aspects of recruitment and user database management. The candidate will perform participant-facing activities including recruiting and consenting participants, as well as digital/data-based activities such as creating digital ad campaigns, managing participant databases, and supporting test session activities (including notetaking and camera management).
This position involves working within a team to help bring in high-quality participants for research studies with exciting medical products while maintaining a fun and rewarding team culture!
- Recruit and screen participants:
- Collaborate with other team members to identify ideal candidates for usability studies
- Screen participants to ensure that they are appropriate for specific studies
- Assist in scheduling sessions and sending reminders to participants
- Use and continue to improve best practices for managing participant relationships, which include but are not limited to:
- Methods for screening, intake, greeting, and gratitude
- Determining incentive programs for referrals and repeat participation
- Ensuring that participants have a positive and mindful experience from start to finish
- Provide support for the execution of research studies
- Collaborate with the Usability Team to develop and fine-tune processes and practices that continually improve the effectiveness of administrative activities
- Support digital communication and management of participant databases
- Help create digital/social media ad campaigns to raise awareness of studies among local populations and help recruit participants
- Help create digital recruitment surveys to send to participants
- Support data entry and cleaning processes to digitize participant information and maintain up-to-date participant information.
- Support test session activities:
- Manage overall onsite participant experience, including escorting them to and from the testing room and handling incentives
- Collaborate in the facilitation of study sessions with a team. This may include taking participants through the informed consent process, observation and note-taking for sessions and camera management.
- Participate in data consolidation sessions with a team including analysis of subjective and objective performance data and feedback provided by participants.
- Provide pre-and post- study administrative support such as document and supply management
- Enhance technical skills and provide opportunities on available research tools as appropriate
- Survey Monkey, MS Excel, One Drive, MS Teams, Email, Calendar and Conferencing, etc.
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Assist clinical research team when needed - Help create a fun, rewarding and collaborative environment,
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in Life Sciences, Computer Science, or Business preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant recruitment experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Proficiency in various social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, etc.) and ability to use these for recruitment preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required, with a friendly and welcoming manner, and the ability to handle communication with external clients and participants on a daily basis
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to innovate, think strategically and conceptually, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be a responsible team player who is punctual and reliable, dependable, and flexible in adapting to change in a multi-disciplinary, fast-paced work environment
Opportunity for Hybrid work - combined with on-site as needed.
The shift is Monday to Friday with flexible hours starting as early as 6 am and finishing as late as 8 pm at night (some days can start with an early start early finish or late start late finish).