SUPV III PRODUCTION
Location: Milpitas, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing/Production Teams transform raw materials into finished goods and ensure component flow. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Meeting commitments is a crucial element for this role. He/she will need to find creative solutions to issues in the off-shift time frames to ensure smooth operation of the wafer line. A focus on safety is paramount.
- Manage the direct labor workforce on the 2nd shift (3:30pm-12:30am - 1 hour lunch)
- Set and Obtain daily production objectives around Safety, Quality and Throughput. Ensure compliance to all safety policies and procedures and compliance to daily production schedule.
- Plan, organize, and direct the direct labor workforce to ensure the most effective use of time and the highest output possible.
- Interact regularly with Operations Managers.
- Be a visible presence in the manufacturing areas to ensure the right tasks are completed at the right time.
- Maintain ISO9001 and IATF16949 compliant manufacturing records.
- Provide leadership and adequate resources to support daily production targets.
- Conduct daily operations meetings and periodic shift communications meetings. Ensure budget and financial objectives and met.
- Responsible for helping to drive cost improvement programs.
- Initiate plans and processes to minimize manufacturing costs through effective utilization of manpower, equipment, facilities, materials and capital on the 2nd shift.
- Ensure compliance with all government regulatory requirements. Ensure effective labor utilization within departments to allow for maximum return on labor investment.
- Manage spending against budget and in relation to production volume.
What your background should look like:
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and knowledge of quality standards and tools.
- 5 years minimum in a leadership role in manufacturing.
- Experience with MEMS wafer fab or other wafer fab operations and processes desired.
- Six Sigma green or black belt preferred.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively and be detail oriented.
- Team oriented.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
- Self-starter, self-motivator with the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- ISO 9001, IATF 16949 and ISO 14001 experience desired.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets