MGR II SALES
Location: #, IL, US, _
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Energy business has a Regional Sales Manager (RSM) position available within the Western Region of the US and is remote from TE’s facilities. This role leads and develops a team of Utility Account Managers for the West Coast market. The RSM is responsible for driving territory sales growth by developing relationships with key strategic list of accounts and improve sales and engineering project pipeline and closure of the projects into sales. This position reports to the Director of Sales Americas and interacts with all functions of the business.
- Coach account managers into future sales leaders with a constant eye for identifying and recruiting new talent
- Meet and exceed assigned targets for profitable sales bookings growth across product lines, market areas, and channels
- Develop monthly sales territory and account strategies to increase market share.
- Develop, maintain and improve business relations with all customers. Deploys Strategic Account Alignment Process to identify and develop new customers and new sales opportunities.
- Collect and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned region providing input during monthly business review.
- Participate in sales activities including: customer site visits, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars and channel management.
-Build and maintain positive customer relationships to ensure satisfaction, account growth, new business acquisition, and customer loyalty through cross-selling and upselling
- Execute planned activities and documents in Salesforce.com. Manages all opportunities utilizing SFDC and following standard sales process steps.
- Prepare and presents a monthly funnel review utilizing SFDC to demonstrate the quality of the funnel, activity plans and command of the account base.
- Prepare quarterly forecast by accurately managing opportunity dates, dollar value and probabilities.
- Manage team of Area Sales Managers and manufacturer’s representative network.
- Document, track and report on progress to management, weekly, monthly and quarterly reviews.
- Formulate growth strategy for territory including customer base of utility and electrical distribution channel.
What your background should look like:
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical field is preferred. B.S. in Business with applicable experience will also be considered.
- 8+ years Sales Management experience (Utility) with preferable experience in Energy.- Experience managing large high performance sales organizations.
- Ability to successfully lead, develop, coach and mentor diverse teams in a complex matrix environment.
- Industry knowledge and business acumen on commercial sales is required.
- Proven track record of success developing and executing sales strategy.
- Experience working within an S&OP business process framework.
- Ability to communicate effective (written and verbally).
- Able to present sales/business strategy to all levels of management in clear and concise manner.
- Experience coordinating with cross-functional teams to facilitate sales growth (e.g. product management, Quality, Field Application Engineering, Factories, etc.).
- Experience in contract analysis and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills. Ability to build strong relations with both internal and external groups.
- Clear, strategic thinker with the ability to execute on priorities
- Self-starter; can execute without minimum supervision and has the ability to challenge assumptions and communicate vision and purpose.
- Ability to manage deadlines and challenging targeting.
- Ability to identify and pursue new business opportunities in line with business plan.
- Has a track record of growing sales and minimizing price erosion.
- Experience to sell at multiple levels within customer's organization.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $109,000 – 163,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets