Customs Compliance Service Center, Sr. Manager
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Trade Compliance Teams interpret laws, rules, and regulations regarding shipping and prepare applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
We are building a world-class Global Trade Services (GTS) organization, including Operational Service Centers focused on critical trade services. This new role leads the Customs Compliance Operational Service Center (OSC), which is responsible for supporting centralized core activities to manage Customs and Imports-related projects and shared services in all locations where TE operates.
This role will be responsible for leading all aspects of the Customs Compliance OSC, delivering centralized management of Customs Brokers, Country of Origin determinations, Customs audits, and other aspects of Customs compliance to support TE's operations. Key responsibilities relate to leading the Customs Compliance OSC to include but are not limited to strategy development, program design and execution, personnel management and training, and systems deployment and optimization. The role reports to the Sr. Director of Trade Service Centers, joining a team of global trade professionals who are passionate about ensuring the future growth of the business by providing business solutions for compliance with global trade laws and regulations.
The successful candidate will be able to collaborate and thrive in a global environment while maintaining integrity, taking accountability, working together, and championing change.
- Promote and execute all aspects of the Customs Compliance OSC.
- Maintain TE operations and compliance activities by applicable customs and import laws and regulations, TE policies, procedures, and controls, in collaboration with GTS Governance Team, and other OSC service areas
- Lead the OSC to effectively provide a high level of operational services to enable TE to conduct trade more compliantly and efficiently while limiting risks
- Establish and maintain Service Level Agreements with GTS Operational Compliance teams, including Segment, and BU leads, to ensure sound and consistent business practices and broad company awareness of OSC requirements
- Develop and maintain staffing models, requirements, and expectations, including knowledge, skills, and abilities, plus training and knowledge sharing to improve business knowledge, and operational performance, and ensure compliance with customs and imports laws and regulations
- Promote employee professional development, including providing regular feedback and performance evaluations.
- Design and leverage trade data analytics to identify compliance risks, cost-savings opportunities, and other metrics of value and effectiveness
- Lead strategic projects focused on enhancing capabilities of TE's systems impacted by customs considerations to drive efficiencies and cost savings for the company
- Partner with GTS Governance to monitor trade compliance regulatory and legislative changes, assess the potential impact on the business and determine the necessary actions and communications with the appropriate stakeholders
- Partner with GTS Governance to review competitive contracts, evaluate the scope of services, and ensure that TE receives best-in-class partners, services, and systems
- Conduct periodic planning sessions in collaboration with GTS Governance, and Operational Compliance teams to align on strategy, results, and opportunities
- Create and manage financial and staffing plans and budgets
Talent Development & Leadership:
- Create a culture of engagement and performance in alignment with TE’s core values
- Provide timely, thoughtful feedback to support your team’s growth and development
- Lead and coach with empathy
- Create and manage financial and staffing plans and budgets
What your background should look like:
Success in the role requires strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills, strategic analysis and planning capabilities involving complex situations, highly developed oral and written communication skills, and the ability to coordinate interdisciplinary teams (internal and external) to drive issues and projects to conclusions.
In addition, a successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience, and skills:
- Bachelor's degree required (international relations, supply chain, law, or related field preferred)
- 10+ years of experience in international trade, focusing primarily on trade compliance and management of customs and imports programs
- 3+ years of experience in functional leadership or senior management
- 3+ years of experience in communications, industrial, or transportation industries
- Broad functional knowledge of customs and imports topics in multiple jurisdictions
- Demonstrated ability to design, deploy, and administer effective trade compliance policies and processes
- Experience interfacing directly and effectively with government agency authorities
- Proven ability to build, train, develop, and retain high-performance teams of globally diverse staff and manage resource levels against demand
- Proven ability to build trust and work with a variety of business groups in a dynamic global organization
- Highly developed decision-making skills in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to execute and provide results despite challenges and setbacks.
- Excellent organizational habits, priority management, multi-tasking, and delegation skills
- Customer-focused with a commitment to quality
- Some travel may be necessary for the fulfillment of responsibilities
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
Competitive pay commensurate with experience: $114,900.00 to $174,900.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12 week program, interns will be provided with:
Onboarding & Orientation
Professional Development Workshops