R&D/PRODUCT DVL TECHNICIAN IV
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The laboratory technician will support department engineers and other TE Connectivity engineers performing failure analysis and related work on electrical contacts, connectors, relays/contactors, switches, and other electrical devices.
- Preparation of specimens for various types of analyses and testing.
- Performing dimensional inspections.
- Performing 2D and 3D CT X-ray scans.
- Cross sectioning of specimens.
- Setting up and performing electrical and mechanical tests.
- Identifying and assembling appropriate test fixturing.
- Scanning Electron Microscope operation.
- Hardness testing.
- Data collection and reporting of findings using Excel, MSWord, and PowerPoint. All operations must be done in accordance with documented safety procedures.
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of experience requiring hands on technical skills preferably in a laboratory environment and with electrical components.
- Associates degree in a technical field is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and perform procedures in accordance with test specifications and other written documents and work with minimum supervision.
- Experience or familiarity with the following tools and skills is a plus:
- 3D CT X-ray
- Electron microscopes
- Metallographic analysis procedures
- Electrical test equipment.
- Familiarity with basic laboratory safety procedures and practices.
- Good written communications skills.
- Knowledge using Excel, MSWord, and PowerPoint.
This position requires access to information which is subject to stringent controls under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Please note: This position involves working with technical data, technology, software/source code, hardware or other items (collectively “items) subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and regulations. Under these regulations, it may be necessary for TE to verify a candidate’s national origin and/or citizenship status to determine whether a U.S. or other government export license is required prior to releasing its technologies to the candidate. If TE determines that TE will require a license or will be prohibited by applicable laws from providing the candidate with items necessary for the performance of this position, then TE expressly reserves the right to either a) make an offer of employment contingent upon TE receiving required export licenses from the appropriate government agency, b) consider the candidate for a different position that is not subject to such restrictions, on whatever terms and conditions TE shall establish in its sole discretion, or c) decline to move forward with the candidate’s application.
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $65,400 – $98,200 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets