MGR II MATERIALS PLANNING
Location: Milpitas, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The Materials Manager oversees the materials team in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment. In this role you will drive compliance, inventory strategy, and continuous improvement projects in addition to overseeing the execution of the materials management process.
What You'll Be Doing....
- Create, develop, and own the master schedule for the site.
- Develop, grow, and improve the SIOP process.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to drive forecast visibility and improved site demand visibility to the operations team.
- Establish and execute inventory plan to meet business objectives (RM, WIP, & FG).
- Lead the site SIOP reviews with upper leadership by preparing metrics and delivering guidance on gaps and opportunities to meet customer requirements.
- Integrate and mature site inventory metrics into the S&OP process
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities
- Support the site MOS requirements of the P&E team.
- Assist in identifying, resolving and finding root cause of planning issues using appropriate problem-solving techniques
- Analyzes Pull System and MRP reports, using data to make decisions and to take actions to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Analyze material supply requirements and plant capacity data to determine the capability to achieve desired objectives.
- Assist the team in planning and understanding capacity constraints, planning strategies, and demand fluctuations.
- Execute plans by coordinating supply chain elements resulting in on-time delivery of finished products and materials while satisfying inventory turns and target levels.
- Knowledge and experience required to develop and execute plans for the supply of finished products and materials using electronic database information.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP planning, purchasing and procedures order demand systems and procedures.
- Possess good understanding of current tools and processes supporting cost effective supply chain.
- Proven ability to make decisive planning judgements to satisfy supply objectives, using creative problem solving techniques.
- Possess knowledge of inventory procedures and controls and margin analysis.
- The ability to analyze business conditions, MRP data, forecast, variances and customer requirements to determine present and future needs for finished products and materials.
- The ability work in large diverse groups to achieve business goals.
- Knowledge of tracking and expediting orders through inter-modal transport and US Customs preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) procedures and Compliance requirements
- Strong management, people and organizational skills.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Lean Manufacturing (Scheduling techniques, pull, flow)
- 5-7 years related experience managing the function
- 3-5 years’ experience with S&OP Process
- 3-5 years’ experience with Forecasting, Purchasing and Master Scheduling Processes
- Proficiency with all MS Office Programs
- General knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Familiar with Supply Chain & Inventory Control concepts and terminology
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR
- Experienced with MRP systems (preferably SAP), Oracle
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and Powerpoint..
This position is located in Milpitas, CA.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets