EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR III
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE’s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world’s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices
into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery. You will have an exciting opportunity to be the lead Maintenance resource for the manufacturing operations of PTFE and thermal plastic extrusion.
- Lead maintenance mechanics/technicians, through example and mentorship.
- Replace major system components. These components may include hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and electrical controls (AC and DC).
- Diagnose equipment failures and implement measures to mitigate reoccurrence.
- Use knowledge of PLC and HMI’s to facilitate troubleshooting affective.
- Implement and maintained spare parts inventory system.
- Maintain preventative maintenance program.
- Manage day to day operations of maintenance department including personnel work schedules and other HR related requirements.
- Implement and adhere to appropriate safety procedures.
- Act as lead contact between TE and external vendors as it relates to machine reliability and repair.
- Identify and implement processes to minimize equipment downtime (MTTR & MTBF).
- Determines best course of action to meet schedules and resolve technical challenges
- Execute equipment modifications at the request of engineering.
What your background should look like:
- You bring a strong foundational knowledge of manufacturing equipment troubleshooting.
- Your communication skills allow you to effectively engage both internal and external customers.
- You have the ability to read and interpret both electrical and mechanical schematics.
- You have a strong foundational knowledge of manufacturing equipment including Installation/Qualification and Maintenance.
- You have a proven track record of maintenance leadership including direct management of others.
- You thrive on coming up with new ideas and leading others to do the same.
- You can adapt to work priorities in response to a rapidly changing environment.
- Any medical device manufacturing experience you have would be valued, but it is not required.
- This position requires Extended periods of standing, bending, kneeling, pushing/pulling, reaching, etc. and occasionally lifting more than 50 lbs.
- You have a Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an advanced manufacturing company with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Bachelors or Associates degree in a technology related field strongly desired but not mandatory (Electrical, Mechanical, manufacturing, etc).
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets