PRODUCT MANAGER III
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Product Management Teams manage all aspects of a product, from driving new product development to manufacturing to marketing. They are responsible for overall product strategy, business leadership, and capacity plans to meet sales and profit targets. The ICT – Industrial and Commercial Transportation Business Unit has an opportunity for a Product Manager III.
The regional Product Manager will be responsible for leading, managing, and growing a complex product portfolio in the Americas, including developing the strategy and business plan, driving new product development, gaining cross-functional alignment, and executing the business plan.
This incumbent will need to act with an entrepreneurial spirit and manage the portfolio with a GM mindset. This role requires strong strategic thinking and experience collaborating across regions. As well as, strong leadership and teamworking to deliver sales and gross margin targets.
Market Sensing & Strategy Development:
- Articulate market trends, demand drivers, customer needs, industry trends, and competitive landscape
- Conduct market segmentation exercises to develop market segment-specific strategies.
- Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking
- Define segment-specific value propositions that beat the competition
- Develop product roadmaps that align with business strategy
- Design go-to-market strategy, inclusive of channel strategy and partnerships
- Work with R&D and operations in the development of new products to meet current and future customer requirements
- Manage the product lifecycle
Develop Business Plan:
- Define resource requirements necessary to execute the product roadmap
- Work cross-functionally to define sales, technology, and operations strategies and goals, in line with financial goals. Build consensus on specific tasks
- Establish pricing policy
- Develop the annual operating plan (Sales and gross or standard margin)
- Engage with customers to better understand their needs and ensure our product plans are aligned with their strategic priorities.
New Product Development & Launch:
- Be the opportunity champion for PAC projects
- Plans product launches, including the development of marketing and sales plans
- Provide demand forecast inputs to S&OP
- Attend customer meetings in support of winning new business
- Exercise thought leadership
- Provide inputs to Marcom for the development of collateral, including e-commerce
- Develop well-justified business cases for new products with critical outcomes, such as returns, clearly defined
Post Launch Product Management:
- Manage the P&L (sales and gross or standard margin) for the assigned portfolio
- Deliver sustained profitable growth
- Enable sales to promote product line via training and the development of collateral materials that help articulate the value proposition
- Manage special price requests
- Trak progress to the business plan and facilitate resolution of gaps
- Be the champion for the resolution of product issues (e.g., quality, delivery, etc.)
- Manage, energize, and motivate a multi-cultural team of product managers located around the globe
- Build, coach, and develop individuals and teams
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years combined experience between PM, Demand, Engineering or Supply Chain
- Relevant product or industry experience desired
- 4-year technical or business degree required
- Ability to support frequent travel up to 50% (both regional and global)
- Strong business acumen with an ability to understand technically complex concepts
- Creative and innovative thinker able to provide input on the development of the product strategies and the relevant business plans with the ability to execute
- Proven ability to multi-task and drive results in a dynamic, high-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal, planning, organization, and teamwork skills.
- Experienced leader with an ability to influence cross-functional teams and build strong relationships both internally and externally
- Advanced presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex concepts to foster understanding and acknowledgment
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $xxx – xxx (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets