Plant Controller - Hybrid Jonestown, PA
Location: Jonestown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Financial Controlling Teams coordinate, administer, and control financial operations. They review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports, and direct all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts. They also oversee the development of financial accounting systems required to maintain reporting requirements.
As the business partner of the plant operation team, this Controller position plays a very important role in the APL Lickdale plant to drive performance improvement and compliance. Analyze and actively communicate business results. Drive improvement initiatives. Actively manage inventory and capital expenditure levels. Ensure compliance with all of TE’s policies and procedures. The position supports forecasting, budgeting, month-end close, cost control, inventory accuracy and control, product costing, lean manufacturing improvements, process improvement, and internal controls. The position will need to assure that a strong control environment is maintained and is appropriately balanced with the business partner role.
Role: Plant Controller
Location: Hybrid Remote/On-Site - Jonestown, PA
Salary: $98,600 – $140,000
What your background should look like:
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Internal Control and Compliance responsibilities
- Development of talent, build a team
- Budgeting, Forecasting, Month end close, Performance Driving
- Operational involvement / Site Manager Requests / Lean Mfg Improvements
- Process Improvement & Cost Savings Projects
- Capital analysis/review, asset management
- Inventory Control
- PM support, product P&L, new project support
Measures of Performance
- The position provides direct financial support to the Plant Manager and works with the local and Business Unit team on strategic initiatives, providing impactful analytics and enabling improved decision-making in all aspects of the business.
- Partners with the Plant manager and staff to resolve plant issues for the best interest of the site and company.
- Understands plant operations and products and can apply knowledge to costing, forecasting, budgeting, and general business management.
- Team with operations to quantify expectations for material and conversion productivity. Coach team and value stream leaders on the financial principles of lean as they apply to the optimization of labor, material, and processes.
- Responsible for proactively developing spend targets for the plant and value streams that show the roadmap to productivity attainment. Assessing and communicating where performance is not on track with financial goals.
- Understand plant spending trends and quantify the level of countermeasures to bring spend and financial performance in line with expectations. Is an expert at financial trade-offs and can coach team and value stream leaders in analyzing financial trade-offs. Avoid optimizing “the day” at the expense of the quarter or year.
- improvement opportunities.
- Presents a relevant review of financial data during executive visits. Lead financial discussions.
- Complete knowledge of SAP in a manufacturing environment with the ability to identify key material and conversion variances and focus operations on those opportunities for improvement. Obtains root-cause explanation for variances.
- Takes a stand on critical issues and what is appropriate for the business and can support position.
- Aware of situations or changes in the business and how it impacts the plant's financials and forecast.
- Encourages teamwork and communication cross-functionally. Works well with all departments – encourages the exchange of information.
- Able to make quick and timely decisions on most issues.
- Appropriately knows when to ask for more info and when more time is needed for decision-making.
Background and Skill
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Accounting or Finance
- Experience: Minimum 10 years work experience in Finance, 5 years experience in a large mfg. site required.
- Strong computer skills: Very strong SAP manufacturing experience in a large mfg. site is a must, Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Data warehouses
- Ability to relate operations to finance
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter, independent leader, experience in leading and influencing teams
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Organization skills
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $98,600 – $140,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets