IT SYSTEMS & SOFTWARE ADMIN III
Location: #remote, PA, US, _
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity’s IT Software and Systems Administration Teams support mainframe, Unix, Linux, and Windows based servers. This includes installation, configuration, ongoing maintenance and backup/recovery of physical and virtual servers. They monitor servers for performance and availability, and works with customers and vendors to troubleshoot hardware and software issues. TE’s IT Software and Systems Administration Teams analyze application requirements and recommend appropriate hardware configuration to meet requirements, install, configure, upgrade, monitor, troubleshoot technical systems software such as middleware, portal, e-mail, collaboration, unified communications, systems monitoring, trouble ticketing, software distribution, etc. They also evaluate new products, upgrade features and recommend toolset selection.
- Provides day to day operational support of all infrastructure related to Unix servers. Including RedHat Linux and Solaris Platforms
- Actively participates in the resolution of service now tickets by taking ownership of tickets, resolving and closing with proper detail. Works with other engineers to support the closure of tickets where applicable.
- Participates or Leads in P1/P2 type incidents by actively sitting on MIM (Major Incident Management) bridges. Provides regular status updates to peers and management. Able to translate complex technical issues into layman's terms to provide executive updates.
- Identifies gaps in standards and acts as key contributor/driver in developing and documenting standards as they relate to the global server platforms.
- Implements those standards using toolsets to minimize configuration drift and within the server platforms and underlying systems. Includes recommending toolsets when gaps are identified.
- Provide off hours support through the use of a rotating on call procedure. May serve as an escalation for on-call issues.
What your background should look like:
- Generally, requires a bachelor’s degree in appropriate field or a minimum of 4 years of experience.
- Demonstrated ability in being a lead for projects based on IT initiatives. Ownership of key tasks/milestones to achieve a successful implementation/closure
- Able to identify tasks and prioritize accordingly to deliver on short term and long-term activities. Assists peers in defining priorities
- Aligns other infrastructure teams including storage, backup and disaster recovery groups to deliver a common strategy.
- Mentors and develops other members of the team.
- Demonstrated experience with unix server technologies including patching, kernel configuration, optimization and performance tuning
- Expert understanding of unix server infrastructure, network concepts, firewall and storage areas in order to troubleshoot issues. Robust troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated ability to identify opportunities for streamlining processes using shell scripting and or automation platforms like Ansible or Puppet. Turns concepts into practical implementations.
- Experienced with working in a large, global, follow the sun support organization. Understands how and when to pull in global teams to resolve issues.