Supplier Quality and Development/Co-op
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Administrative Support Teams are responsible for office administration and daily clerical duties including basic schedule planning, travel arrangements, documentation, and file maintenance. Other responsibilities include scheduling conferences/meeting rooms and responding to general inquiries. They create and maintain office documentation and files and review drafts and finished internal/external communication documents.
TE Connectivity is seeking a qualified candidate for our Hybrid Internship for a Supplier Quality and Development position.
- Learn about a complex supply chain in manufacturing high precision/tolerance quality electronic parts.
- Interact with many suppliers (metallics/non-metallics), TE team members and even customers.
- Add value to our organization and develop on a professional level.
- Perform administrative tasks as requested by Supplier Development
- Have opportunity to propose new ideas and improvement concepts
- Create a Lessons Learned/Best Practices database
- Participate in data analysis and root cause analysis
- Maintain and improve the Supplier Development PowerBI dashboard.
- Conduct supplier trainings: problem solving, defect recognition, setting up QIP on SAP, Inspection levels.
- Supplier follow-up visits or new supplier audits as required by the SD team member.
- Work with a mentor that will be a support and a resource during the internship assignment.
What your background should look like:
- A minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program, Engineering or Business.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited University or College for the duration of the Internship.
This position is a hybrid position based out of our Winston-Salem, NC office with minimal travel accompanied by a Supplier Development Engineer.
Click here for to learn more about the African Heritage Scholarship Program
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity Internship Program offers:
Our internship program gives students the opportunity to work on valuable projects that contribute to the success of their team and build on their classroom experience. Throughout the 10-12 week program, interns will be provided with:
Onboarding & Orientation
Professional Development Workshops
EOE, Including Disability/Vets