Signal Integrity Engineer - Remote
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
Typical fields of expertise include materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
- Responsible for the signal integrity liaison between TE and the customer.
- Will present the signal integrity interface that would explain the electrical simulations, actual SI measurements, and what the major elements would be that impact the interconnect design.
- Must have the ability to communicate the design elements to the respective engineering teams and explain the interconnect challenges to both sides.
- Responsible for presenting the SI Simulations and electrical performance of TE's products
- Take the voice of the customer back to the engineering department to make the necessary modifications.
- Lead modification meetings involving customer and/or various engineering departments within TE.
- Ability to work in a global environment – able to accommodate varying time zones, fluent in English (verbal/written), able to collaborate with individuals across geographies.
- Must be highly motivated, a quick learner, and able to work independently.
What your background should look like:
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Master’s degree preferred
Minimum of 5-8 years of work experience in a signal integrity engineering role
Experience with interconnect design or experience with connector &/or cable/cable assembly design (high speed twinax cables, direct attach copper (DAC) cables), &/or RF antenna, RF sub-system
Signal integrity analysis tools (Agilent ADS, Ansys HFSS)
A solid understanding of electromagnetic theory and electrical circuit behavior
Strong analytical capabilities to interpret simulation and lab data to identify issues and provide solutions to fix identified problem.
Familiarity with printed circuit board design, fabrication and assembly.
Experience in project leadership, especially as it applies across design, development & manufacturing teams
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have Skills:
Six Sigma methodologies or other strong data analytics background a PLUS.
Printed circuit board design, fabrication and assembly (Altium, AutoCAD)
Test equipment (oscilloscope, vector network analyzer, BERT)
Communication systems (high-speed servers, switches, routers, storage)
Signal conditioning techniques (equalization, amplification)
Connector and cable assembly, antenna, and RF hardware (RF interface to baseband) design
Direct customer design and support experience
Application and test knowledge of high-speed devices and equalization techniques
Design experience with high-speed servers, switches, routers, storage, antenna, RF front end or similar systems
About TE Connectivity
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets
Competitive pay commensurate with experience: $132K to $150k per year (subject to change dependent on physical location)
Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.