MGR I MAINTENANCE
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Maintenance Teams perform repairs and preventive maintenance to ensure longer lifespan of machines and facilities. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
Responsible for the supervision and management of the facilities maintenance, security and emergency preparedness programs for the Hampton site. Coordinate and supervises contract personnel supporting the facilities maintenance and security operations.
- Manage and direct all contractors ( HVAC, Janitorial, Security, Landscaping, Vending, Trash disposal, Hazardous waste, Water Treatment)
- Plan, coordinate and schedule daily maintenance operations and rearrangement projects
- Manage HS&E programs
- Responsible for the tracking of utility usage
- Inspect building systems for safety, fire protection, and code compliance
- Facility projects (building and systems modification, office and equipment rearrangement).
- Up to 20% travel may be required, including international
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees, vendors, and governmental agencies
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to adapt quickly to changes in work environment and business needs
- Ability to lead, troubleshoot, and repair building systems
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Work efficiently to resolve problems and meet deadlines with minimum supervision
- Capable of interacting and working well with a variety of other departments
- Good written and oral communications skills, especially writing reports, manuals and procedures.
- Self Motivated and a team player
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.,)
- Building Management System
What your background should look like:
- Demonstrates expertise within a specific professional discipline by integrating theory and principles with organizational practices and precedents into work.
- Broad knowledge of other related disciplines
- Knowledge of TE’s business, products and processes
- Develops solutions to complex problems which require high degree of ingenuity and innovation.
- Adapts precedents and traditional approaches to develop solutions.
- Prefer a Bachelors Degree in appropriate field and/or a minimum of 8 years experience.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets