ASSEMBLY OPERATOR III
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Assembly Teams operate assigned automated assembly machinery, ensure component flow, troubleshoot and correct machinery issues to ensure quality and productivity. They perform changeovers and setups according to production schedule, perform quality checks according to established processes and document the results as required by our quality procedures. Every team member is responsible for maintaining housekeeping and organization of the work area as well as following TE Connectivity's EH&S policies and procedures.
SHIFT: MON-THURS, 5AM-3:30PM with the availability to work some Fridays if needed.
The Assembly Operator will be working as part of a team in assembling medical device products while maintaining high quality / performance standards on all Creganna Medical products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate all Manufacturing procedures after training.
- Accurately complete all essential documents (i.e., Lab Notebooks, Device Master Records (DMR’s), Lot History Records (LHR’s), Inspection Records and Validation Documentation).
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as pad printing, adhesive bonding, hot air bonding, balloon bonding, etching wires, swaging shafts, fusing skiving shafts, folding, marking, braiding, coiling, and perform leak testing.
- Adjusts and trims materials from components to achieve specified medical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Packages finished assemblies or subassemblies in clear plastic bags.
- Ability to inspect work-in-process to documented quality standards to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Ability to train others on basic and more difficult operations.
What your background should look like:
- Will be trained on semi-automated laser weld and laser cutting systems
- Able to sit/stand for prolonged periods of time
- Able to inspect parts through a microscope for prolonged periods of time
- Able to read and complete documentation (record visual inspections, and mathematical terms.)
- Able to use a ruler, dial caliper and micrometer
- Able to calculate numbers to the 4th decimal place (.0001)(Mostly adding and subtracting)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 2-5 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be able to read and write in English fluently.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Physical Demands The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to be self-directed and find ways to help when time allows
- Able to learn products quickly, retain information and move to different products
- Able to work independently
- Able to work on multiple product lines