SUPPLY CHAIN ANALYST I
Location: Brooklyn Park
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Supply Chain Managers are responsible for the timely, cost-effective procurement, inventory control, planning and quality control of production materials. They ensure the availability of materials in the supply chain, as scheduled, and the maintenance of inventory at the established levels. They coordinate and integrate the flow of materials and information among suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and customers, identifying opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain. Resources are focused on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through production processes, and the establishment of key performance metrics and benchmarks to monitor actual performance against goals.
Responsible for a variety of activities relating to planning, purchasing, and scheduling. Possesses knowledge and skills to assist in the management of the internal and external supply chain. The position works with minimal supervision and must be able to work with people on all organizational levels inside and outside our facility.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
- Proficiently and accurately prepares, analyzes and issues detailed production schedules and status reports which adhere to TE Connectivity’s and its customers’ system schedules.
- Creates job orders in the business system per the schedule, and prioritizes jobs for production optimization.
- Creates purchase orders in the business system per the schedule.
- Follows up as required with all teams (Materials, Engineering and Production) to manage and expedite production to meet customer expectations.
- Participates and assists in oversight and maintenance of internal Kanban systems.
- Follows safety guidelines (PPE, etc.) and demonstrates safe work practices.
- Adheres to the safety and quality standards (goals and metrics) of the organization while working within a team environment.
- Accepts increased responsibility and is accountable for his/her actions.
- Promotes job and process improvement as it relates to the department and production (through 5S as well as other improvement initiatives).
- Responds to multiple assignments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Overtime may be required, based on business need; regular attendance required.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field or a minimum of three years’ experience in a related manufacturing or manufacturing support environment required.
- No less than two years’ experience with inventory control or APICS certification preferred.
- Extensive computer experience working with MS Office; strong Excel skills are required. Proficiency with MS Outlook as well as with an ERP software is required.
- Ability to pay attention to details and possess strong organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team and possess a positive communication style.
- Possess strong, independent problem solving skills.
- Ability to speak, read and write in English fluently.