MGR I MATERIALS PLANNING
Location: Hampton, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements.
The Materials Manager oversees the materials team in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment. In this role you will drive compliance, inventory strategy, and continuous improvement projects in addition to overseeing the execution of the materials management process.
- Create, develop, and own the master schedule for the site.
- Develop, grow, and improve the SIOP process.
- Partner with Marketing and Sales to drive forecast visibility and improved site demand visibility to the operations team.
- Establish and execute inventory plan to meet business objectives (RM, WIP, & FG).
- Lead the site SIOP reviews with upper leadership by preparing metrics and delivering guidance on gaps and opportunities to meet customer requirements.
- Integrate and mature site inventory metrics into the S&OP process
- Assist in identifying, resolving and finding root cause of planning issues using appropriate problem-solving techniques
- Analyzes Pull System and MRP reports, using data to make decisions and to take actions to satisfy internal and external customer requirements.
- Assist the team in planning and understanding capacity constraints, planning strategies, and demand fluctuations.
- Execute plans by coordinating supply chain elements resulting in on-time delivery of finished products and materials while satisfying inventory turns and target levels.
- Knowledge and experience required to develop and execute plans for the supply of finished products and materials using electronic database information.
- Thorough knowledge of SAP planning and purchasing systems and procedures.
- Possess good understanding of current tools and processes supporting cost effective supply chain.
- Proven ability to make decisive planning judgements to satisfy supply objectives, using creative problem solving techniques.
- The ability to analyze business conditions, MRP data, forecast, variances and customer requirements to determine present and future needs for finished products and materials.
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9001 and SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) procedures and Compliance requirements
- Strong management, people and organizational skills.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Lean Manufacturing (Scheduling techniques, pull, flow)
- 5-7 years related experience
- 3-5 years’ experience with S&OP Process
- 3-5 years’ experience with Purchasing and Master Scheduling Processes
- Proficiency with all MS Office Programs
- General knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Familiar with Supply Chain & Inventory Control concepts and terminology
- Must be able to comply with ITAR and NONFOREIGN site requirements.
- Experienced with SAP MRP system
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets and Access databases, Word and PowerPoint.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets