SR MFG & PROCESS DVL ENGINEERING ASSEMBLY
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Manufacturing and Process Development Engineering Teams significantly impact LEANPD driven new product development projects, driving for excellence in existing manufacturing technologies and methods and striving to implement new manufacturing technologies to provide improved process and tolerance control. They act as the binding element between product development and manufacturing engineering, ensuring the effectiveness and efficiency of this critical interface. They support Product Development in the optimization of designs and piece parts for manufacturability by realizing sample tooling/products/prototypes. They also design, develop, and qualify tooling and processes to meet TE quality and production standards, document all processes and tooling in applicable TE systems, support supply chain to verify supplier compliance and capability, initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, cost and cycle time and adhere to all appropriate specifications, regulatory requirements and customer requirements.
The Data and Device BU, Advance Manufacturing Process Team is currently seeking a highly motivated engineer in Manufacturing Process Development Engineering to provide the engineering, design, innovation, development, and implementation of new and improved manufacturing processes including the next generation of manufacturing and digital factory technologies. This growth opportunity will provide highly valued global experience as well as developing advanced skills in hands on engineering, technical innovation, digital manufacturing engineering, manufacturing deployments, design for manufacturing and lean manufacturing. The candidate will work on high impact, high profile projects within the business unit and TE’s various technology teams to deliver enhanced and transformative manufacturing capabilities for DND operations, to drive optimized productivity of existing processes, and implement the next generation of manufacturing and digital technologies.
- Interfacing with customers to collect the voice of the customer and project requirements for new automation projects.
- Generating equipment justifications with customers and scaling automation projects to meet financial justification.
- Creating and developing estimates on new proposal requests.
- Developing sourcing options for projects to meet project financial, capacity, and lead-time requirements.
- Coordinating activities and project plans for a multi-functional project team.
- Overseeing the stage gate project process for responsible projects.
- Providing technical oversight to mechanical, electrical, machine controls, and machine builders.
- Tracking and monitoring project costs and schedules within the allotted time and budget.
- Assessing product design for automation (DFA).
- Reporting on the status of automation projects.
- Utilize mechanical modeling techniques such as FEA and cam modeling software.
- Interface constantly with customers and stakeholders to effectively communicate project status.
- Provide resource planning estimates for project assignments.
- Oversee tooling and machine builds and designs with internal and external shops.
- Participating in risk assessments and designing safety systems to meet TE specifications.
- Select machine servo, robots, and mechanical and electromechanical components which are properly sized to meet system requirements.
- Oversee conditioning, optimization, and commissioning of equipment until handed over to the customer.
Responsibilities for partner-based machine build projects include:
- Oversee and coordinate concept development for the machine.
- Creating and developing estimates on new proposal requests.
- Oversee and coordinate specification creation, release to partner and quote technical evaluation.
- Oversee mechanical and electrical design details of the project to ensure standards are met.
- Provide oversight to partners throughout the design, buy-off, conditioning, and installation.
- Establish and execute mechanical test plans for equipment.
- Integrate and condition equipment with other equipment if needed.
What your background should look like:
- Broad/solid knowledge of automation and tooling design principles, practices and procedures.
- Broad/solid knowledge of commercially available tooling mechanisms, electrical control systems and components.
- At minimum, proficiency with a strong drive and desire to quickly become an expert in the CREO 3D CAD package and PDM Link.
- Solid knowledge of Finite Element Analysis principles.
- Broad solid knowledge and experience in Project Management.
- At least 5 years of previous experience in machine design and automation.
- Previous experience working in a machine shop or machine build shop is desired.
- Previous experience in machine programming is preferred.
- Previous experience designing robotic systems is preferred.
- Previous experience and demonstrated knowledge using data-driven statistical and analytical tools are preferred.
- Previous experience with TE or Machine Industry safety standards is required.
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project knowledge required. MS Power BI and MS Teams experience preferred.
- Experience with the implementation of automated equipment in a production environment is a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Mechatronic Engineering
- Good English communication skills including writing emails, listening, and speaking.
Personal characteristics of the individual:
- High level of initiative and drive with a strong sense of urgency and accountability; energetic, proactive, hands-on, and hardworking to lead by example;
- Strong communications skills; must demonstrate an open, honest, and transparent communication style with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to explain complex topics concisely to a non-technical audience.
- Excellent judgment and experiences in an environment which requires emotional maturity, politically savvy, and the personal ability to interact with all types of personnel at varying levels;
- Keen business judgment: demands excellence and sets high standards for self and others; high level of intellectual curiosity combined with strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Willingness and personal style to be a team player and foster a team environment, with the capacity and aptitude to serve as a leader in motivating and inspiring others