Quality & Reliability Technician IV
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity’s Quality and Reliability Engineering Teams analyze the ability of product and production systems to comply with customer and contractual requirements through established reliability factors. They design, recommend revisions and install quality control systems, develop and document analytical methods for establishing reliability of products and their components and conduct analysis on relative reliability with regards to cost, structure, weight, maintainability, facility of production, and availability of materials and equipment. Out teams develop, implement and monitor company environmental safety programs and policies to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local environmental, health and safety regulations and recommend corrective actions if necessary. They are responsible for policies and practices to comply with applicable government regulations and industry requirements related to product environmental compliance, the implementation and management of technical and testing standards and specifications, quality control and reliability programs governing materials, product and processes, resulting in the optimization of material and labor, as well as failure analysis, root cause, corrective action and customer communication.
Support Sr. Quality Engineer on Manufacturing Production Lines to ensure high quality products are being delivered to our customers and Quality issues are identified and resolved quickly. Support machine and tooling calibration activities.
- Schedule calibration activity with appropriate outside calibration services. Create and coordinate gauge shipments and returns.
- Verify calibration certifications to appropriate standards
- Update calibration records in appropriate database
- Manage customer supplied gauges and coordinate their return when appropriate
- Create nonconforming reports for failed gauges. Complete or assist in reviews for proper dispositions and corrective actions.
- Replace worn or damaged gauges and measurement equipment
- Manage gauge crib
- Create and manage test and measuring software for inspection and test equipment Assist Manufacturing and Quality Engineering to resolve production issues
- Execute or manage execution of engineering studies
- Train inspectors or product builders for awareness of ECO or deviations (updates to procedure), and measurement software
- Update and review scrap records
What your background should look like:
- High School Diploma, College/ Technical Degree preferred
- Basic computer skills
- Microscope experience
- Microsoft Office – Powerpoint, Excel
- Minimum two (2) years of related experience
- Experience with inspection method development (Gage R&R/MSA)
- Validation experience (IQ/OQ/PQ)
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Design control and risk mitigation
- Technical writing skills for authoring protocols, reports, manufacturing processes, standard operating process etc.
- Strong problem solving skills