Product Data Manager
Location: Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity (NYSE: TEL) is a $13 billion world leader in connectivity. The company designs and manufactures products at the heart of electronic connections for the world’s leading industries including automotive, energy and industrial, broadband communications, consumer devices, healthcare, and aerospace and defense. TE Connectivity’s long-standing commitment to innovation and engineering excellence helps its customers solve the need for more energy efficiency, always-on communications and ever-increasing productivity. With nearly 90,000 employees in over 50 countries, TE Connectivity makes connections the world relies on to work flawlessly every day. To connect with the company, visit: www.TE.com.
The Energy business unit in Americas is seeking a Product Data Manager to direct a multi-national team, tasked with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Digital Data. The primary focus will be on the improvement and maintenance of existing system data and processes necessary to the flawless operation of today’s Engineering and ERP systems. However, this position interacts with every function within the company. Business acumen is fundamental.
- Champion process and procedure changes through Lean activities to effect improvements in Data Integrity, Business Process throughput and data error proofing.
- Maintain synchronous data between Corporate and local systems.
- Work closely with the Product Management, R&D, Manufacturing Engineering and Planning to ensure timely and accurate data in all business systems.
- Assist in resolution of quality complaints as related to product data.
- Maintain system data as it pertains to Governmental compliance. (Engineering BOMs) (RoHS, REACH)
- Work with other disciplines within the plant to maintain accurate specifications and documentation to support new product introduction with focus toward internal/external customer satisfaction. (Revision levels, correct Part to doc relationships, etc.)
- Assist in ERP system data accuracy including but not limited to: routers, bills of material, item master data, to enable flawless execution of production.
- Develop and Mentor a team of Engineers, in all of the before mentioned activities.
- Drive the PLM vision of “Simplifying product data management to serve customers and drive organizational efficiency”, within the Energy Americas business unit.
- Support the Global Energy and TE Connectivity Corporate initiatives towards Digital Engineering Excellence.
What your background should look like:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- 5-7 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, supporting ERP systems and new product introductions
- 2+ years managing an engineering or production team in a global environment.
- Individual should be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast change, high-paced environment
- Must have experience with ERP system set up and use.
- Must have experience with engineering document management and Product Life Cycle (CAD drawings/models, Specifications)
- Experience with MFG/PRO and/or SAP is a plus.
- Experience with Windchill PDMLink is a plus.
- Experience with any/all is a plus: RoHS, REACH.
- Experience with Energy Products is a plus.