MGR II MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
Location: Milpitas, California
Job Type: Full time
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager II oversees 10 Manufacturing Engineers in a fast-paced, highly regulated environment. In this role you will drive Manufacturing Support to maximize process uptime, Yield Improvement, Tool Strategy, New Product Introduction Assistance and continuous improvement projects in addition to overseeing the fab wafer processes.
Founded in 1991, Silicon Microstructures, Inc. (SMI) is a world leader in the design and manufacture of Micro Electro-Mechanical Systems (“MEMS”) that lie at the heart of the advanced sensing market, enabling devices in the medical, industrial, digital consumer, security, and automotive sectors.
The company has established itself as a premier provider of MEMS-based pressure sensors for a range of markets, supplying advanced high and low-pressure sensor products that meet the stringent requirements for industry and consumer safety. Silicon Microstructures’ design, production and quality control processes have enabled it to develop both the smallest and smartest pressure sensors available today. SMI offers a wide range of pressure sensors, including uncompensated sensors, temperature compensated and calibrated products as well as sensor systems consisting of an ASIC paired with a sensor die in a custom package.
In 2019 SMI was acquired by TE Connectivity and is now part of the TE Sensor Solutions (TESS) business units.
What your background should look like:
- Partner with Operations and Planning to drive forecast visibility and improved site demand visibility to the operations team in terms of capacity and yield
- Establish and execute yield improvement plan to meet business objectives (Wafer, Die, Packaged Parts) including running 8D teams to resolve long-standing issues.
- Lead the engineering team to support manufacturing objectives on a daily basis. Assign priorities to ensure output and cycle time are optimized.
- Support and participate in continuous improvement activities
- Support the site MOS requirements for yield and cycle time
- Assist in identifying, resolving and finding root cause of yield and cycle time issues using appropriate problem-solving techniques
- Analyze fab tool requirements and make proposals to improve fab tooling including rebuilding, maintaining, and purchasing new equipment.
- Assist the team in planning and understanding capacity constraints, yield concerns and constraints
- Ability to problem solve, find and address root causes, and run Designed Experiments (DoA)
- Familiar with related Engineering terminology and roles
- Must be US person or PRC holder due to access to products and technology controlled under the ITAR & EAR.
- Strong communication and presentation skills and the ability to work effectively with other members of the product development team
- Deep understanding of semiconductor wafer processes (Photolithography, DRIE/RIE, Plasma Etch, Diffusion, Metal Deposition, Chemical Etching, Inspection systems, Saw, Probe, test.)
- Experience in MEMS design and function a plus.
- Strong management, people and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Material Science, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Physics or other Semiconductor Discipline