STRATEGIC SOURCING ANALYST (Remote)
Location: Middletown, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Strategic Sourcing Teams develop and implement multi-year strategies for assigned commodities, suppliers and parts/services to achieve established goals in supplier quality, delivery, price and service. They align strategy and execution with cross-functional partners such as engineering, manufacturing, product management and functional owners. They execute the competitive bid, negotiation, contracting processes and/or technical continuous improvement for assigned commodities or services; collaborate across Business Units and cross-regions for optimal TE leverage. Our teams demonstrate a high level of expertise in procurement competencies (business/supply chain acumen, negotiation, sourcing strategy development and execution, global savvy, and project and product lifecycle management) and ensure results are delivered compliant with TE policies and procedures.
This position reports to the Americas Regional Global Indirect Procurement Leader. It will support the Global Facility Services Commodity Procurement team for the Americas Region with a focus on the Facility Services, EHS, and Utilities sub-commodities. The individual will support various Global and Regional projects and RFI/RFP’s, while providing extensive analytical support, driving cost savings and process improvements, providing recommendations, and support to the Global Commodity Director for Facility Services. The primary responsibility of the position will be to support the development and execution of the commodity strategy designed to create a best-in-class Global Procurement team. The qualified individual will drive the commodity to meet the year-over-year key performance indicators focusing on productivity, delivery, quality and drive leading indicators such as savings, pipeline, spend with preferred suppliers, and supplier count reduction.
Specifically, the analyst will focus on the following initiatives for improving the procurement process.
- Improve procurement quality and delivery to the customer via responsiveness and contract execution
- Reduce Lead Times to complete procurement process, from initial request to contract completion
- Reduce overall cost for the various commodities while driving significant savings in order to meet TE corporate savings goals
- Increase TE’s Diversity-owned spend in the sub-commodities managed by this role
- Improve overall service of procurement to Facility Services internal customers
- Assist with the development of the Regional Commodity Plan in collaboration with Global Director and Regional Americas Leader.
- Establish Regional communication channels with Regional BU leadership to understand commodity needs, service level requirements, and measures/communicates results.
- Responsible for attaining annual business results (ex. cost savings, supplier performance, supplier diversity spend targets, and compliance) for responsible commodities, including developing and leading leverage price and terms negotiations with potential and current suppliers.
- Participate in supplier negotiations and selection as requested by manager or global director.
- Ensure lowest upfront cost and high supplier service in supplier selection via analysis of supplier data, financial, capacity and capability.
- Work closely with Commodity Manager(s) in other regions to ensure the sharing of best practices.
- Support Global Commodity Team including periodic report-outs of progress versus goals.
- Work with the Global Commodity leads and Regional leads to support supplier negotiation strategies.
- Provides valid and accurate inputs and commodity forecasts to TE’s suppliers.
- Manages assigned Commodity projects, including but not limited to Purchasing, Expediting, Issue Resolution, Payment, and Supplier Performance Reporting.
- Promotes and provides instruction on Global processes, standard works, best-demonstrated practices across the tooling commodity and associates supported.
- Gathers Voice of Customer responses from internal customers and utilizes feedback to improve team performance and supply base service.
- Promotes and provides instruction on Procurement standard processes, standard works, best-demonstrated practices across the commodity.
What your background should look like:
- 5+ years of experience in Purchasing/Procurement.
- Proficient in MS office; advanced Excel, Powerpoint.
- Good written and communication skills.
- Ability to speak persuasively in front of a large audience which may include management to the executive level.
- Self-motivated individual with a positive attitude, able to work well with international teams and individuals, not afraid to push for change.
- Time zone flexibility and the ability to travel.
- Proven ability as a project leader with experience managing large dollar projects/programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Procurement, Finance, or related field. Advanced degree a plus.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to analyze complex financial documentation and RFP submissions and make detailed reports and recommendations to senior management.
- Experience in contract management and legal review processes.
- Experience with third-party procurement and analysis tools such as Zycus or Ariba.
- Indirect commodity experience in Procurement or Supply Chain with a Strong knowledge of Facility Services, EHS, and Utilities.
- Procurement/Purchasing contract management and contract negotiation experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) abilities are a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 78,000 employees, including more than 7,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
Competitive pay commensurate with experience: $69k to $87k salary (subject to change dependent on physical location)
Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets