MANAGER I LOGISTICS
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Distribution & Logistics Teams manage the efficient flow of goods, services and information between point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements or internal business objectives. They create integrated processes among internal functions such as operations, purchasing and logistics, and outside suppliers. They also focus resources on continuous improvement of the movement of materials through various production processes, and establish key performance metrics and benchmarks relating to supply chain planning/forecasting to measure actual performance against goals on a regular basis.
- Lead TEOA eff orts within the facility and act as liaison with business unit customers, stakeholders, and TEsenior leaders.
- Direct the activity of the distribution center operations team to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop andmaintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and development.
- Ensure the necessary warehouse information systems are used to meet company objectives and facilitate theeffi cient operations of the warehouse. Provide direction to the local IT team and corporate systems to enableproductivity, quality and cost improvements through improved systems. Remain knowledgeable regarding changesin hardware and software technology.
- Assist in the establishment of customer satisfaction standards and communicate these standards to allpersonnel. Work with Inventory Planning in resolution of customer order and inventory discrepancies.
- Supervise and insure proper levels of pallets, packaging supplies and other operational items are ordered asneeded.
- Facilitate coordination of bin audit cycles to be performed and help maintain physical inventory exemption
- Develop and maintain physical procedures and standard work for all functional areas of DC.
- Directly participate in the progress of NCDC for achieving/maintaining all TEOA star levels.
- Ensures the implementation and maintenance of the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and TL9000 (5.0)certifi cations.
- Assume duties of Operations Manager as needed.
- Develop suitable programs for maintaining company standards of sanitation, maintenance, security, emergencyaction, housekeeping and safety.
What your background should look like:
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Supply Chain, and/or Engineering or equivalent experience
- 1-3 Years Warehouse Supervisor Experience
- Demonstrated personal leadership of DC teams, demonstrating organizational and management skills, andachieving quality results through team interaction and eff ective cross-group collaboration
- Strong problem-solving capabilities and the ability to analyze data and use critical thinking to reach logicalconclusions and decisions; results oriented; relies on fact-based logic for decision-making
- Ability to infl uence senior management through well formulated presentations and discussions
- A detailed understanding of business processes and the ability to institute/infl uence change
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets