Job Type: Full time
Job Posting Title: INSPECTOR II
Job ID: [[id]]
Job Code: 30004254
Business Unit: AEROSPACE DEFENSE & MARINE (50117066)
Building: Hauppauge -Manufacturing (YA1)
Hiring Manager: Saul Pacheco
Recruiter: Valbona Myhedin
Employee Referral Amount:
Education Experience: Other
Employment Experience: Less than 1 year
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Quality Control and Reliability Teams ensure product and / or product components comply with specifications and quality standards. They test and inspect products against performance and integrity criteria to ensure product quality and reliability, and to determine the suitability of product release.
Performs visual and mechanical close tolerance inspections on material and piece parts in accordance with applicable quality requirements and standards.Must be able to perform the following duties with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Follow all company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Geometric Tolerancing and use of various inspection tools and equipment including but not limited to:
- Vernier Calipers
- Optical Comparators
- Starrett Gauges
- Thread Gauges
- Performing First Article Inspections
- Support Shipping Department with Job Packet Review and other documentation as required
- Read and interpret documents such as policies, procedures, dimensional requirements on drawings and other materials related to the position.
- Use verbal and written communication to exchange information required to complete essential duties and responsibilities.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems in an efficient manner.
- Ability to understand and carry-out instructions from management
What your background should look like:
Minimum 2 yrs. Experience preferred (close tolerance inspection environment preferred)
Minimum High School Diploma
Computer literate (excel, e-mail, word, database) *Familiarity with SAP a plus
Good organizational skills
Good communication skills (oral and written)
Good math skills
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
Travel – less than 10%
Familiarity with ISO/AS9100 standards and requirements a plus
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $xxx – xxx (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets