MANUFACTURING TEAM LEADER III
Job Type: Full time
TE Connectivity's Operations Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations and short/long-term planning for the groups they manage. They manage manufacturing, production control, engineering, inventory control, EH&S, shipping/receiving, etc. focusing on the development of technologies and continuous improvement and translating customer requirements into state-of-the-art manufacturing strategies and processes.
- Assists with completion of LHRs and ensuring that they are completed correctly and submitted to documentation.
- Distributes production orders requiring correction to the appropriate lines/operators and return back to Document Control for filing.
- Helps to monitor PTO by reviewing the production demand and PTO calendars, etc.
- Monitors Break times
- Enforces Blade Policy by doing walks on the line and reporting concerns with documentation
- Helps to coordinate training on the production lines, including temporary employee training
- Helps to communicate needs to the leads such as production issues, shipping requirements, or changes to scheduling, etc.
- Attends the AM production meeting in supervisor’s absence to inform leads and employees of plans for the day, etc.
- Moves people around based on training/experience when we are short-staffed (checks training records, etc.). Also assists Tech Trainer in helping to develop training based on experience level (for new hires, etc.)
- Checks the WIP tracking information prior to the AM meeting and makes sure they are complete and accurate at the end of the day
- Supports production needs when supervisor is unavailable (any critical issues would be communicated to upper management for assistance)
- Communicates to stores when production needs materials, kits or extrusions
- Communicates to Production Planner when production is experiencing material outages
- Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Other duties as assigned
What your background should look like:
3-5 Years experience, preference for previous line lead/floor lead experience
Must be able to read, write and speak English in order to effectively understand, complete and communicate required paperwork and documentation, including but not limited to safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, Lot History Records (LHR) and procedure manuals, to effectively communicate to cross-functional teams. (Applicants who have not completed the company new hire testing will be required to test and pass before being considered for this position).