MANUFACTURING TECHNICIAN V - DIE MAKER - 2ND SHIFT
Location: Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
The technician role will be responsible for the development and execution of innovative stamping technologies Building, Conditioning, Troubleshooting and Production Ramp Up of High-Speed Progressive Dies. Aide in creating work instructions and training production personnel during Die hand off period. Other responsibilities include die and machine maintenance, tool design, and tool making. Some travel required.
What your background should look like:
- Perform New Die Assembly, First Off Tool, Conditioning tooling to meet product specifications and Ramp Up to Speed
- PN Change Over as needed. .
- Demonstrated ability to perform full product inspection using production prints, standard manual and optical measuring equipment.
- Project Technical Lead for the assigned team/process for routine questions and progress.
- Providing technical assistance and/or training when necessary.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Team Collaboration across shifts.
- Sharpen, repair and create close tolerance tooling as needed.
- Set Up and operation stamping press work center as needed.
- Creative and open-minded.
- Follow safety guidelines and other policies and procedures
- HS diploma or GED required.
- Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in high-speed progressive stamping.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in tool making, die maintenance, and troubleshooting.
- Completion of Accredited Apprenticeship program a Plus.
- Profound understanding of progressive tool concepts, designs, and assembly.
- Excellent math skills particularly in trigonometry.
- Experience with AutoCAD and 3D modeling preferred.
- Must be proficient in the English language.
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets