Communications Manager (Operations)-Remote
Location: East Winston
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Marketing Communications teams design, execute and report on internal and external communications and PR activities, engaging with customers, outside agencies and industry organizations. They define the messages and oversee the implementation of initiatives that engage key audiences using a variety of approaches, including internal communications, media, public relations and social media, developing ideas and stories to execute internal and external communications. They leverage a trend or storyline emerging from multiple inputs, e.g., team meetings, reports, social and traditional media, politics and current events, to elevate TE’s brand in the market and partner with marketing colleagues to ensure campaigns, lead generation and market-facing communications complement one another to drive marketing results and manages the relationship with TE’s public relations agency of record and assigned budget. The Communications team collaborates closely with various stakeholders from executive leadership team and Human Resources to a variety of product, sales and internal marketing partners.
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world
We’re looking for an energized and passionate communications professional to join our team as our Communications Manager. Our new team member will have the opportunity to coordinate global programs and deliver high-impact communications for employees, leaders, suppliers, and customers. The focus of this role is to create alignment and engagement around critically important initiatives being driven by TE’s operations and supply chain communities, the most critical of these being environmental sustainability. Reporting to TE’s Chief Continuous Improvement Officer, this highly visible role will have a broad influence and scope.
What your background should look like:
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Develop communications strategies to support enterprise-wide sustainability efforts
- Collaborate with TE’s operations, environmental sustainability and corporate communications teams to drive engagement with internal and external audiences
- Work with the operations senior leadership team to improve the effectiveness of internal communications (webcasts and global operations leadership meetings, etc.)
- Create content – writing and editing – for executive communications, e-newsletters, intranet, videos, events, and program development and management
- Manage Operations intranet site content and design strategy and execution; ensuring content is performing and adjusting accordingly
- Collect and analyze data to understand performance of communications' tactics; making recommendations to adjust based on key performance indicators
- Identify and operationalize opportunities to improvement communication and overall team effectiveness Influence the organizational culture
- Maintain critical communications operations documents and processes (e.g., distribution lists, Environmental sustainability communication calendar, etc.)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: (*THIS IS NOT A MARKETING ROLE. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU'VE MET THE MAIN REQUIEMENTS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Marketing, Business Communications, International Business, or related degree
- 5+ years of experience developing communication plans and content to support business objectives
- Experience in environmental sustainability communications, an understanding of Net Zero, SBTi, GHG Emissions etc., is highly desired!
- Exceptional writing, storytelling, presentation, and message creation/content development skills.
- Ability to take complex information and transform it into a clear, concise, well-organized content
- Experience leveraging both digital and traditional internal channels to create communications that drive awareness and engagement
- Analytical mindset with experience interpreting data into meaningful insights/strategies
- Collaborative problem solver; motivated, energetic, and persistent with a side of flexibility
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience working in a matrixed organization or large corporate setting
- Project and time-management expertise with the ability to prioritize and manage expectations across multiple projects while remaining focused meeting deadlines
- An energized self-starter
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Confident in building relationships
- Organized, with good attention to detail
- Creative thinker and problem solver
ABOUT TE CONNECTIVITY
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $97,400 - $146,000 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets