Sr Director Operations (Multi-Site) REMOTE
Location: Redwood City, California
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity (TE) is a leading global provider of highly engineered connectors and sensors with sales of over $16 billion to customers in more than 150 countries. We design, manufacture and market products for customers in a broad array of industries including automotive; consumer electronics; telecommunications; aerospace; defense & military; medical & healthcare; oil & gas/marine; and energy & utilities. With over 80,000 associates including 8,000 engineers and worldwide manufacturing, sales and customer service capabilities, TE Connectivity’s commitment is their customers’ advantage. TE Connectivity is an independent publicly traded company whose common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol “TEL.” See www.te.com
The Aerospace, Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity is a leader in the design, development, engineering, and manufacturing of a comprehensive portfolio of fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. It has a global customer base with over 6,500 employees in 15+ sites across the world, delivering a broad range of world-class solutions for the Aerospace, Defense, Marine and Oil & Gas industries.
Its more than 50,000 customers are served by dedicated engineering teams and sales representatives in more than 10 countries, as well as a global network of manufacturing sites located in France, the United Kingdom, India, Mexico, and the United States. With current overall revenues of $1.1 billion, TE AD&M has an ambitious goal to grow the business to $1.6 billion revenue, and 40% gross margin through both organically and inorganically. The current challenge for the business is to continue to drive its organic and inorganic growth trajectory in adjacencies while expanding existing business within the diverse markets that TE serves.
The Aerospace, Defense & Marine (AD&M) Business Unit is currently seeking a global Sr Director of Operations with location in the West Coast of the United States. The Sr Director of Operations will be responsible for the Wire and Cable products with manufacturing locations in Mexico, United Kingdom, and the United States. Role is instrumental in driving a more efficient and effective organization that enables the high performance of our Operations Team while leading a unified “One AD&M” Quality Management System and adopting a mixed model strategy to streamline production. This position reports directly to the AD&M Vice President Operations and will closely partner with our functional leaders within the AD&M organization.
- Sets up the path to achieve a key 5-year breakthrough objectives for the business around Sales, Gross Margin, Delivery and Inclusion.
- Transform operations by optimizing value streams, network, and supply chain, to implement a world-class Make to Order operations.
- Drive Operational execution and review at plant/ BU Level visualizing TTI improvements and TPAPs to identify root cause and countermeasures.
- Drive innovation management through the business, keeping abreast of market trends and creatively applying new technologies across the entire operations value chain.
- Monitoring and overseeing Quality and Continuous Improvement (TEOA) initiatives to enable the BU to meet or exceed plan targets.
- Streamline operations with defined production strategy and robust daily management tools and processes.
- Build strategy based on demand profiling (ABC-XYZ) aligned with front-end strategy to increase service levels and reduce lead time.
- Defining required strategies and defining infrastructures & organizational structures to meet company, customer, and market expectations proactively.
- Developing and delivering clear and concise communications both up, down, and sideways across the organization.
- Drive targeted, sustainable improvement in key performance indicators as well as ownership and accountability.
- Drive conversion productivity through TE process TEBIT.
- Build a high performing organization that knows to overdeliver and fulfill our customers’ needs
- Cross function collaboration with Product Management, Sales, Engineering, Finance and HR organizations.
- Up to 50-75% travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering or related life sciences discipline. MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of professional experience with focus on manufacturing operations and supply chain.
- 5+ years of experience managing multi-sites, global experience is essential.
- 5+ years of experience in facilitation, coaching, internal consulting, project management, change management, organizational leadership skills and building high-performing, self-directed teams.
- Experience in Aerospace and Defense markets a plus.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- The ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team and focuses their energy on achieving business goals.
- A proven performance record as a transformational leader who has significantly improved the performance of a global business through process improvements.
- Experience influencing others and developing capabilities in teams.
- Demonstrated evidence of success in both direct line leadership and highly matrixed global environment.
- Strong analytical, planning, forecasting and budgeting/financial skills.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Strong background with Hoshin Kanri deployment methods as well as Goal Deployment, Macro and Micro Actions by TTI.
- Strong background in Lean practices, experience in using value stream mapping and implementing TEOA tools, such as: 5S+1, Visual Factory, Standard Work, Quick Changeover, Material Replenishment & Flow, and TPM essential.
- Track record of driving and managing change in a dynamic environment and achieving results by setting high standards and holding people accountable for performance.
- The ability to manage multiple, complex priorities within demanding timeframes.
- SAP experience is a plus.
- Competitive base salary commensurate with experience: $186,600.00 – $279,800.00 (subject to change dependent on physical location)
- Posted salary ranges are made in good faith. TE Connectivity reserves the right to adjust ranges depending on the experience/qualification of the selected candidate as well as internal and external equity.
- Total Compensation = Base Salary + Incentive(s) + Benefits
- A comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401(k), disability, life insurance, employee stock purchase plan, paid time off and voluntary benefits.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets