Location: Tullahoma, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value. The position is located at our Tullahoma, TN site.
- Coordinating cycle counts / reconciling inventory discrepancies.
- Ensuring accuracy of bin counts and communicating gaps to the Materials Planner and Operations to address risk to the production plan where components are not truly available.
- Leading activities for the Annual Physical Inventory, a full inventory review of the site
- Inventory review/clean-up of high-impact products weekly.
- Conducting root cause analysis to determine causes of variances and coordinating efforts to prevent reoccurring causes.
- Clearing SAP COGI errors and managing corrective actions related to the generation of COGI errors.
- Ensuring scrap reporting is conducted and accurately accounted for in the system.
- Tracking/maintaining history for the sources of variances and analyzing the data to ensure the proper actions are being taken to address them.
What your background should look like:
- Associates Degree or higher in Supply Chain, Materials Management, Business, Logistics or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least 2 years of Warehouse experience, Material Handling, or a related department in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong Knowledge and Experience of MRP/ERP Systems.
- Strong analytical and presentation skills.
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills required. Able to effectively interface at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of processes and technologies related to products manufactured within a given value stream.
- Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean implementation a plus
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With more than 85,000 employees, including over 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets